Chapter 4 - Thank you

Ida's POV

I turn my head up to see this guy - who's hand is still tight on my waist, and I can feel his tight muscles on my back.

"A-Aiden!" I gasp.
"Oh, okay, I was not expecting you to say my name first and rather was expecting a 'thank you' and all, but yeah, it's me," he laughed.

I pushed him away,"Yah, sorry. Thanks."

He refrained from keeping his hand on me again. "So, I don't think you are planning to go home by walk, are you?"

"Well," I sneer, "that would be the only option left if the Knight in shining armor does not offer me a horse ride."

Did I just say that? Ugh, me and my stupid mouth.

He pulls one side of his lips higher in astonishment of what I had said and offers, "Your Knight in shining amour certainly cannot give you a horse ride but preferably a ride on the bike," he points towards his bike which is not so far from where we were.

"Let's get going then," I reply curtly.

I follow him towards his motorbike and wait till he roars the engine alive.
"Climb up, princess," he instructs.

I climb up, place my feet on the foot rest and take a hold of the back handle.

My bad
Where is the handle?
Shit, why did I put all my weight on a non- existent handle?
Shit Ida, you are going to embarrass yourself.

"Oops, babe!" Aiden grabs my wrist and pulls me up before I fell backward
"You should look, you know."

"Yeah, sorry about that and thanks, again."

"That's the second time you know. You gotta have better ideas to thank me," Aiden smirks.

"Hehe. I'll treat you to whatever you want, sounds good?"

"Sounds perfect."

And then he clutched the handle and pulled it towards, slightly. The air was wild, and my hands were tied to his stomach. Resting my head on his back, I hear his heartbeat. It was like a drum that was causing my ears to vibrate.

...Yah, all that did not happen except, my hands tied to his stomach but the rest... in my imagination, because the bike would not move.

He tried adjusting the clutch and all but no - the engine works fine, and everything seems fine, but the bike won't move an inch! (my dreams are shattered)

I spot some white residue on the clutch and release my hands off of Aiden's hot body and get off the bike to investigate.

I slide my finger on the clutch and look at the white residue now on my hand, my eyes travel between the white residue and Aiden, till I speak up.

"Umm, Aiden," I catch his attention, "I think your clutch is toast."

He looks at the white residue. His jaw opens wide. Slowly he interlocks both his hands together and places them on the back of his head
Closing the gap between his two elbows, "Damn it-t, why now!"

×××

So here I am walking with Aiden towards the nearest bus stop, which would arrive at 1.

Honestly, I did not even know there was a bus stop close by.

To be honest, we are walking further away from my house since the bus stop was in the opposite direction. We took approximately fifteen or twenty minutes to arrive at the stop, which would have taken us only about five or ten minutes to go by bike, but why would we even go there if that was the case.