Chapter Seventeen

~Rose~
I watch through the curtain as Logan drives off.
I replayed that night.
I've learned to focus on the good things.
I walk into my room a throw myself onto my bed.
I close my eyes and I see an image stuck in my mind. Those drawings that littered the pavement. The colours and patterns. It was strange how I focused on the little things.
I went to my desk and searched for my sketch book.
I love my sketch book.
I begin to flick through the pages. Occasionally I stop and glance at a few. Some are of Logan, or things that remind me of us.
I finally make it to a blank page. An empty page, waiting to be drawn into life.
I sketch until my hand aches.
I look at the finished drawing. It wasn't anything in particular, just a bunch of doodles. I didn't think much of it, but I looked more closely. I surprised myself of what I'd been drawing. There were abstract figures and pretty much everything that had been happening. I saw a camera, a braclet, a sunset, a dark room and a piece of chalk. But the thing that caught my eye was a creepy black figure. Almost like smoke but it was solid in appearance.
But the scary part for me was that the black figure was moving towards all the other drawings. All the good things.
The tumour.

-----------------------
I woke up groggily the next morning. I checked my phone which was sitting on my desk. I had a single text from Logan.

I love you forever and always

I texted him back.

Love you to infinity and back

I locked my phone and went downstairs. I thought about that text. There was so much more I wanted to say. But I couldn't put any of it into words.
-----------------------
Logan didn't go to school that day. It wasn't the same without him.
It was hard to concentrate in class, so instead I drew aimlessly on a spare sheet of paper.
After five minutes I came up with an idea. With all the pictures I have collected over the years it would be enough to make an album. I'll make Logan a memory album with everything we've ever done.
I was beginning to create the design when a shadowy figure appeared in front of me. I jumped back and darted my eyes upward. It was Leon.
"Class has ended" he said piercing his eyes into mine.
"Uh right" I relied, gathering my things.
Leon bent down to help but I intergeted.
"Can you not!" I hissed.
He backed away. I tried leaving as fast as I could. I was lost in thought.
I was at the door to the classroom when Leon called after me.
"Rose! You dropped something"
He clutched the piece of paper which my album idea was writtin.
I started towards him to retrieve it, when he looked down to read it.
"Don't" I began, but it was to late.
Leon smirked and looked up at me.
"What's this? A present for your boyfriend? Where is that freak anyway? Does he miss his Rosey Posey?"
"First of all it's none of your concern and what the hell did you just call me?!"
Before he could reply I snatched the paper from him and quickly walked out the door.
---------------
The last period of the day was English. The teacher rambled on like always. He started talking about the assignment.
Crap!
I've completely forgotten about the assignment with all the drama going on.
It's practically finished anyways but I can't believe I forgot.
The teacher went on about the prize. The prize Logan and I wanted to win so bad.
A three day trip to one of the most spectacular rainforests. They had the most beautiful waterfalls that you've seen. I remember the day Logan and I googled it.
Anyways pretty much the assignment was due the beginning of next week.
And my brain was overloading with everything.
-------------------

That afternoon instead of going to my house, I texted my mum informing her I was at Logan's.
I rang the doorbell to his house and heard someone bustling around inside. Shortly after Logan's mum opened the door and greeted me. She looked exhausted. She smiled kindly and let me in.
I walked up to Logan's room and tapped on the door. I slowly pushed it open. Logan was huddled in his bed surrounded by old clothes and blankets.
His room was a mess.
I walked over to his bed and sat next to him. I quietly whispered to him until he stirred. His eyes met mine and he nodded.
I just sat there waiting for him.
Suddenly through the blankets a pair of arms grabbed me and threw me down on the bed. Logan pinned me down and laughed at himself. I saw the familiar glint in his eyes return.
In a flash his arms gave way and he crashed on top of me. We laughed and as he got up and I tackled him down again with a hug.