Chapter Two

~Logan~
"Hey Logan!" Bryce calls to me flagging me down. I jog over to my group of friends. I exchange hellos to the group before doing our secret handshake with Bryce that we made up in third grade.
"Hey Logan how's Rose?" One of my friends smirked and I tensed up a bit.
"What do you mean?"
"Come on you and Rose Loges,"
Rose never really wanted a boyfriend. .She doesn't need anyone. She's happy. She's whole.
Me on the other hand depend on her. The day I met her was the day my Dad died. Ever since then she's been my rock, steadying me through the tough times. I've been there for her too but I rely on her. I am hopelessly and irrevocably in love with her.
And she doesn't have a clue.
She has a crush on this absolute douche named Leon who is captain of the debating team. I hate his guts.
"So uh guys the game on Friday!" Bryce says redirecting everyone's attention. He knows Rose is a touchy subject.
Then I see her. Her golden wavy hair and slim pale figure. I walk up behind her and grab her waist and pick her up and haul over my shoulder.
"Logan!" She yells pounding her fists into my back.
"Good morning Rose. How are you?"
"Logan I swear if you don't put me down right now..."
"You want me to put you down?"
"Yes I do!"
"Then your wish is my command." and with that I pretend to drop her but catch her just before she hits the ground. She screams. "I saved you. You should be eternally grateful."
"My hero," she mutters sarcastically.
"How was your weekend?" I ask.
"It was OK. The family reunion wasn't that bad." I make a face at her and she sticks her tongue out at me.
"I swear we haven't hung out in forever!" She says.
"We're hanging out now," I point out.
"You know what I mean. Like on a weekend or something. You could come over mine this weekend," She suggests.
"Nuh uh. I can't. I have my family's annual yearly camping trip."
Rose sighs. "Boo," she whines.
"But," I add since I hate seeing her upset, "We will absolutely definitely catch up the weekend after."
She smiles and the bell rings. She gives me a playful shove. "Come on you let's get to class."
And I follow her because I would do anything for Rose. I would commit murder for her.
Not because I 'like' her but because she's my best friend
And that's what we do for each other
Well at least what I'd do for her.
Who knows about Rose.
A teenage girl's mind is a scary place.
I hope she feels the same though
If not I don't know what I'd do.
I'd be lost without Rose.