Chapter Twenty-Four

~Logan~
A little bird crashed into my bedroom window. It squirmed on my window sill.

I ran to the window and flung it open. The bird toppled through the window before getting on its feet and testing its wings.

It fluttered around a bit before regaining its balance, and flew across the room and landed on the edge of my mirror.

I smiled at it and walked over to the mirror to see a few pictures lining it.

There was one that caught my eye. It was one of a girl with long golden brown hair and me.

We were taking a selfie. She was holding the camera smiling and I had my arms wrapped around her torso and my chin on her shoulder.

Then I realised it was the girl from the grocery store.

There she was smiling back at me from this tiny little picture.

Whoever she was I was going to find out and was gonna find out what she meant to me.

------------------------
I found out from mum the girl's name is Rose. After countless appointments with doctor after doctor about the severity of my memory loss.

All I did was ask who the girl was and she went batshit crazy trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

The memory loss wasn't all of my memory. I hadn't forgotten how to use a fork or how to drive a car or to eat a sandwich. I remember most people too just not all people. I can remember my Grandma's cat Nemo but I can't remember her. I can remember my Aunty Jane but not my Uncle Pete. It was weird.

Mum went through last year's yearbook with me and quizzed me on their names.

I'm either really bad at remembering names or I've completely forgotten everyone in my year except five people.

Jessie, Crystal, Greg, Dean and Tamara

And really the only reason I remember most of them is because they were football players or football player's girlfriends.

I know Jessie is my friend and I have a feeling Crystal is a psycho .

It's my second day back at school since my loss of memory. And it was just like the first.

The stares, the whispers.

The amount of girls that came up to me and told they we were dating.

Apparently I date six girls.

Either I'm a really busy guy or someone's lying.

One girl that hasn't claimed I'm dating them is Rose. I must know her, because every time I look over she has a sad look on her face.

I asked Jessie about her.

I have been best friends with her since I was six years old.

And I was in love with her.

But I don't know if I feel that way about her anymore.

I mean I forgot she existed.

There is one other girl who looks defeated every time I look at her.

Apparently she moved to the school on Friday when mum was shipping me from doctor to doctor trying to discover what was wrong with me.

Jessie told me I knew her.

Her name is Leona.

I honestly don't know how I feel about her either.

~*~