Chapter Twelve

~Logan~
When I find out that Rose hit Leon with a frypan I laughed. When Bryce told me I was literally in tears from laughing so hard. I went to find her. I found her at the end of the corridor. She looked at me skeptically. I walk up to her and smile. "We got a bad ass over here."
She laughs.
"No but seriously," I laugh "You are actually my idol."
Rose does a small bow. "Come on let's get to class!"
--------------------------
I'm waiting to go into History class when Leon walks up to me. "Is Rose here today?" He asks. Suddenly I push him against the wall. "Listen here you! You do not touch her, you do not talk to her, you don't look at her and don't even think about her. Do you understand!?" Leon nods and I let go of him. I begin to walk away when he calls to me. "So where's Rose?"
"Not here," I reply.
----------------------------
A few days later it was Rose's birthday and I had a surprise for her.
We are both in the car on the way to the Melissa Jacobson concert I was taking her to (but she doesn't know yet). I Put the latest of Melissa Jacobson's album on in the car and it doesn't take long before Rose is singing along.
"I'm surprised you haven't asked me where we're going yet," I say.
"Because I know you'll never tell me."
"That is correct."
Rose sighs and opens the glove box and squeals. "Oh my God Logan! What are these?!" She squeals waving the tickets at me. "Aw Rose you ruined the surprise!" I whine.
"Your taking me to Melissa Jacobsen?!" She squeals excitedly.
"Uh yeah."
"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! LOGAN YOU ARE THE BEST BEST FRIEND EVER!!!!!!"
I laugh. "That I am."
--------------------------
Rose and I get our tickets scanned and we walk into the foyer area. I buy her a program and some chips. The whole time Rose is jumping around like a four year old. We were just about ready to go in to get ready for the concert.
"Come on let's go up the escalator Logan!" She says jumping up and down.
"All the doors into the seats are upstairs!"
"Woah who says we're sitting down?" I say raising an eyebrow at her.
"Wait do you mean-"
"We're standing in the mosh pit."
Rose squeals and hugs me tightly "Oh my God Logan you are amazing!"
"Hey are you gonna stand here all night complimenting me or are we going to go in?"
"Yes! Let's go in!"
"Your wish is my command!"
-----------------------------
We were standing in the midst of screaming girls- and some guys. But I didn't mind. Rose was smiling and singing along. She turns to me. "thank you Logan! You are the most amazing person ever!" She turns to me. As soon as she turns to me I can no longer hear the music anymore. The people around us disappear. All I can see is her. I take one step to close the distance between us. I have no idea what's going to happen but I know what my gut is telling me. I put a shaky hand on her cheek and she watches me with sparkling eyes. I lean in. She automatically closes her eyes and leans into me too. And I kiss her.
The kiss was much better than fireworks. I felt alive. Every nerve in my body is tingling. I've kissed other girls before but this was different. It was better. Although the kiss is only soft and doesn't last that long, it is still amazing. As soon as it's finished I smile shyly at her. She smiles shyly back. Melissa Jacobsen just finished her song and there was a projection of fireworks on the roof. I watch Rose as she looks up at them with a smile playing at her lips. She looks at me and her smile becomes wider. I stand next to her and look up at the fireworks too. I find her hand weave her fingers through mine. Rose looks down at our intertwined fingers but I continue looking at the roof, absolutely beaming.
----------------
My mum works a few streets away from the concert arena so she agreed to drive us home in the car I drove up to the concert in.
"We're going to be so tired at school tomorrow," Rose sighed.
"Good thing we're not going."
She looked at me confused. "What do you mean?"
"Well I talked to your mum yesterday about taking you to the concert and she suggested we should have a day off tomorrow and you can hang at my house."
"My mum suggested that?"
I grin."With a little persuasion of course."
She smiles. "You're the best Logan."

For the rest of the car trip Rose snuggles up to me which really hurts my shoulder because it's smashed up against the car door. But really I didn't mind. Rose yawns. "Tired sleepyhead?" I ask.
"Three out of four voices in my head are telling me to sleep."
"What's the other one saying?"
"It's wondering if penguins have knees."
I laugh. "You say the most randomest things."
"Do you know I had a dream last night about a penguin named Pedro." I laugh again then turn and kiss her on the cheek. We sit in silence for a few minutes before Rose pulls away from me. "I have a very serious question to ask you," she says.
"What is it?"
She looks at her lap and gives me a side glance. She takes a deep breath and says. "Logan, will you go out with me?"
I pause for a minute. " I'm sorry Rose,"
Her face falls and then turns a deep red colour. "But I guess I'm gonna be there to bug you 24/7 from now on."
"Wait is that a yes or a no?"
"It's a yes Rose."
I don't know what I expected her to do. Kiss me? Hug me? But no instead she slapped me. Hard.
"Hey what was that for!?"
"Don't you ever do that again ok?"
"Ok ok I'm sorry," I say. I grab her arm and put my hand on it. "I'll never do anything to hurt you," I whisper.
I'm about to kiss her when my mum says. "You two are so cute."
Rose's eyes widen. "I completely forgot your mum was in the car!"
"Well who did you think was driving the car?" My mum says laughing. I look at Rose to see that she was blushing but I knew I must've been too. We look at each other and crack up laughing. Once we've settled down Rose snuggles into my arm, pushing up against me even harder, which hurt my shoulder more.
I couldn't care less.