Chapter Seven

~Rose~
After my talk with Logan I slowly started gaining my appetite back. But it certainly didn't help having him watching over me like a hawk every time I ate. But I loved him for it.
Logan comes to my house on Thursday. But the wait for Thursday felt like forever. In science, the lesson seemed like it was never going to end. Almost like being caught in some crazy time machine. But if I have to endure this douche bag Leon for another second I think I'm gonna break. He's constantly asking if I need help on the worksheets and moving way to close than he needs to be.
If he calls me Petal one more time I swear I'm gonna... my phone suddenly rings. The whole class is staring at me while I just sit there awkwardly, waiting for my phone to ring out. It felt like eternity. "Detention Rose!", the teacher turned to me as I responded, "sorry Sir...". I heard people giggling in the background.
Great.
Just what I needed.

At lunch break I went back to the science rooms. My teacher was waiting for me. A few other people were there as well. Even though he's a really strict teacher he has the weirdest ideas for punishment. First of all he made us sit at a desk and close our eyes. For the next ten minutes he kept telling us to imagine what we've done, and how to fix the problem for next time. He made us visualise our phones and we had to turn them on silent. But we didn't actually turn them on silent. We just thought about putting them on silent. But I wasn't complaining.

After detention I looked at my phone to see who the call was from. It was from a blocked number so I couldn't call them back. Probably some marketers. They always call our phones, no matter how many times dad tries to stop them.
I met up with Logan, Jessie and Bryce and told them what happened. They just laughed at me for getting in trouble.

Leon called me Petal two days later. Since my teacher is old fashioned he makes us sit in a seating arrangement, so I have no choice but to put up with him. After class I marched up to our teacher and asked him if I could move. He bluntly said no and I knew he wouldn't change his mind. Maybe the incident was still fresh in his head.
Finally Thursday came around. The day seemed to go on forever. But eventually the bell rung and it was time to leave.

Logan met up with me at our favourite spot under a huge tree, that has branches that twirl up, twisting into the leaves. He put his arm around me as we left school laughing and talking. We talked about anything really.
I told him about Leon and he talked about a 'surprise' he had for the weekend. I just sighed and told him "well I don't think you have any surprises that I don't know about" we both laugh and continued chatting until we make it to my house.
I walked in, Logan following foot as my mother came and started fussing over us and giving us snacks for 'all the hard work we would be doing'. I dumped my bag on the floor in my room and Logan chucked his next to mine. Making it land in a perfect spot. "You remember that brilliant idea I had last week about the assignment" I started asking, "So we are doing the assignment!" He groaned. "Of course not you pea brain! I just wanted to show you!" We smirked at each other until he said "well where is this brilliant idea". So I showed him.
While he was camping all week I made a miniature 3D rotating model of a rainforest. With a waterfall that's made of a glistening fabric, cellophane, clay and liquid glitter. "Woah" Logan's jaw dropped as he stared at it in awe. "Nice, huh" "yeah" we make a few tweaks and modifications before he started looking around my room. I ate a couple of chocolates mum gave me but Logan kept stuffing them down my face.
I got out my laptop and picked out a comedy TV show that we both loved. I have a special device that allows me to plug more than one set of ear phones to a phone/computer at a time. So I figured it would work with head phones. I chucked a bright pink pair at Logan.
He kept on asking what would happen if my mum walked in. I just plainly said that if the emergency did occur, make sure computer screen is facing away from her, and if she asks what we are doing. We are watching an educational documentary about rain forests. We didn't get caught which was surprising as we were constantly cracking up laughing.

After an hour or so, Logan had ten minutes before he had to go back home. I was packing up as he went to the bathroom. I suddenly noticed his phone in my desk. I turned it on and noticed six missed calls from Leona. I gulped. I wasn't letting her ruin our day. I went into Logan's call log a deleted all her calls. I placed the phone down exactly in it original spot. A few minutes later Logan came up behind me a tackled me onto the bed. I pushed him and we started fighting on the bed like little kids. Wrestling and laughing.
I said goodbye and watched him walk up the street.
I can't wait till Saturday.