Chapter Twenty

~Logan~
I stare at the piece of paper in front of me unable to focus on what it has on it.

It finally focuses and it is- tickets to the rainforest.

I turn and smile and Rose who is really excited. She was smiling and laughing.

God I love that smile

I wrap my arms around her waist and hug her and squeeze her tight- never wanting to let go.

---------------------
Bryce and me were sitting on the curb outside my house. We were playing the game we used to play as kids. Bryce counts the blue cars that go past and I count the red. Whoever had counted the most won.

At the moment the count was Bryce six
And me eight.

We're playing in comfortable silence apart from the casual calling out of the coloured cars.
That was until Bryce spoke up.

"Man why didn't you tell me?"

"What?"

"About the...you know."

"The tumor? The cancer?"

"How can you be so casual about it?"

I shrug.

"So why didn't you tell me. I'm your best friend Loges."

"Every time I had to tell it, it just made it more real. It's kind of like if I don't say it out loud it won't be real. You know?" I run my hand through my hair "Red car," I say.

"So what happens now?"

"Surgery."

"Brain surgery?"

I nod and Bryce lets out a low whistle.

"How do they do that?"

"They cut open a bit of my skull and remove the tumor and then staple my head back up."
Bryce laughs.

"And Rose thought she looked like Frankenstein!"
I laugh.

"Any effects after surgery?"

"Yeah I might find it hard to use my right arm and my speech might be slurred. Other then that not really. Red car."

"That is not red! That's brown!"

"It's red enough!"

"No it's not!" We both laugh and it felt good to laugh with Bryce again.

-----------------------------------------

"Logan," a sweet voice called to me through my sleep. "Logan get up."

"Not now mum," I mumble still half asleep.

I hear a giggle and I open my eyes to see the hazel eyes and the beautiful face framed with golden brown hair that I fell in love with.

The person I just called mum.

"Please tell me mum was just in here," I ask with one eye open.

Rose smiles a wicked smile. I groan and she laughs.

"Good morning my darling son!" Rose teased.

I grab her waist and pull her towards me. She giggles and leans forward to look at me, her hair falling down her face. I tuck her hair behind her ear.

"You know if your my mum then this is a really wrong relationship," I Informed her. She nodded.

"Well then we will have to break up," she says matter of factly.

I sit up quickly and ignore the throbbing in my head. I pull her close to me. I give her a serious look.

She laughs her beautiful laugh. "I'm kidding Logan."