Chapter Twenty-Two

~Logan~
I'm sitting on my bed reading a book for the new novel study in English when my phone goes off.

"Hello?"

"Hey Logan it's Leona."

"Hey," I say awkwardly. What do you say to someone who walked in whilst you were making out with your girlfriend?

"This weathers been bogus huh?" I say in weak attempt of conversation.

Who the hell says bogus?!

"Um okay..."

This is so awkward! I'm gonna hang up.
I'm about to hang up when she says something that shocks me completely.

"Do you hate me?"

"No of course not, why would I hate you?!" I ask.

"I thought you said something bad about me to your girlfriend."

"Why would I do that?"

"She obviously hated me when I was talking to you at the camp."

"I'm sure she didn't Leona. I've known Rose for a long time. I know when she hates somebody."

Exhibit A: Leon.

"Oh okay. How are you anyway?"

I laugh "You mean besides the tumour."

"What tumour?!"

Oh shit I haven't told her about that yet.

"Umm uh."

"Logan do you mean to say that you've had a tumour and you couldn't be bothered to tell me?!"

"It's not I couldn't be bothered it's just that I forgot."

"You do hate me don't you?!"

"No I don't Leona just listen..."

"No you listen here Logan. Your girlfriend isn't the only one who cares about you, okay? I do too you...jerk."

"Leona..." I begin but she hung up.

I groan and text Jessie.

I then sigh and drop my phone on the bed and lean back.

It seems that lately I am the master of screwing up.

-----------------
I drum my hands on the top of the desk along to my favourite song. I'm really involved in my music that I'm making sound effects and when it gets to the chorus I spin around on my desk chair screaming the lyrics.

I hear a small laugh behind me and I stop abruptly, and go flying off my chair.

The laughter becomes louder and more uncontrollable.

I turn to see Rose doubled over in laughter.

"You," I mutter.

"Me," she says gasping for breath. She composed herself and said, "That was intense," before cracking up again.

Now that's just mean.

I grab her and sit her in my lap before I start poking her. She's laughing and swatting my hands away at the same time.

"Logan!" She shrieks in between laughs. "Stop it!"

"Say please."

"Never!"

That just makes me start tickling her.

"Okay! Okay! You won! Now stop!"

"You forgot something."