Chapter Eleven

~Rose~
I was sitting on my bed and I couldn't comprehend what happened that day. Shivers were sent down my spine as I thought about Leon.
I think I'm mentally scared by those bathrooms now.
I breathe deeply.
I wouldn't know what to do without Logan. I kept thinking, what would of happened if Logan didn't show up. I shuddered and pushed the image out of my mind.
I didn't dare tell my parents. If they found out I would never hear the end of it.

The next day I stayed close by Logan. Every time someone walked passed us, he moved protectively, shielding me from the whispers and rumours floating past. He seemed reluctant to leave me and go to separate classes, but I gently pushed him away and told him I'd be fine.
For the first day this year we have cooking. I was tired of doing theory and couldn't wait to get started. The teacher said we would be combining with another class. I secretly hoped it was Logan's but of course, I could never have that much luck.
Oh god.
It was Leon's class. I couldn't deal with this right now. Thank goodness I noticed Bryce. I waved at him but Leon was already striding over.
Crap.
I moved away but before I could, Leon roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. I pushed him off but his grip was strong. Before Bryce could intervene the teacher stated that the pairs we had made were now stuck for the rest of the year.
Yay me.

I hated him with a passion. After 20 minutes I was really getting fed up. The room was filled with aroma, but if he tried to grab my hand or even touch me, he was gonna know about it. He kept on mentioning what happened yesterday. I clenched my hands and teeth. Then suddenly a strange sensation took over me.

"Leon, your right. Maybe we should be together"
"I see you've come to your senses" he replied.
" Well you know what I think of your senses!" I screamed.
Half the class was now aware and stared at me in shock. Bryce turned to see what was wrong.
"Uhhh... Rose what do you think your doing" Leon hisses at me.
"THIS!" I grabbed the closest cooking utensil, which happened to be a frypan full of stir fried vegetables.
Before anyone could stop me, I lifted the frypan and swung with all my might towards Leon's face. Vegetables splattered on the floor and the whole class looked at me like I was a madman. Then again, Leon looked completely and utterly knocked out.
"ROSE SULLIVAN!" My teacher shrieked.
"Principals office. NOW!"
I walked to the principals office. Feeling the true adrenalin rush, with no regrets.

The principal and I talked for a while. I didn't tell her what Leon did to me, because then I'd have to bring up Logan and then he'd get in trouble. Instead I chose my words carefully, and referred to the event as 'harassment'.

Apparently for Leon's personal safety I would be moved far away from him. Which was great news to me. Hopefully I'd move class.
But I wasn't pushing my luck.

The school called my parents. But that was the least of my worries. I just hoped I didn't get a criminal record. But did hope this didn't influence anything about my birthday next week.
That night I was sticking up a picture of Logan and I when we were at the hospital. We were sitting on the bed together arm in arm. It was a nice addition to the collage.

That night I laid on my bed, staring up at my ceiling. It was plain white, but at night, tiny flecks of neon paint that are sputtered on the surface are illuminated. Even though I see it every night, it sill mesmerises me.
It helped me clear my head. Instead of the pain and worries of the real world, I could relax and focus on other things.
But it wasn't enough. I was still unsettled.
I desperately wanted to text Logan but I couldn't bring myself to do so.
I thought about texting Bryce or Jessie but they didn't seem like the right people to talk to right now.
I close my eyes. I breathe deeply, feeling the rhythm of my chest. It steadies. As I focus on my breathing a sharp pain erupts from my forehead.
"Stitches" I grumble to myself.
I pull myself up to inspect my appearance in the mirror. The stitches seem to be holding up. If they did fall apart, how could I have justified that to my parents?
My deep hazel eyes looked tired. I tie my hair into a horrible bun and looked down at my arms. It wasn't too noticeable, but there were red marks pressed into my skin from when Leon had held me against the wall.
Leon.
My spine shivers and my blood runs cold as his name appears in my thoughts.
I shudder as goosebumps crawl up my arms.
But I repeated that name.
Leon.
Leon.
Leon.
Every time I hear or say that word, more and more anger surges through me. He's not even human to me.
People tell me to forgive and forget but it's not that easy.
Not after what I've been through. Not just this. But my whole past.
I'm not the type of person who would like to see someone suffer.
As much as I despise Leon I couldn't wish him to die.
But I want him to pay. To feel the damage he did. To feel the pain he inflicted on others.
I probably shouldn't have hit him with a frypan but I did. But I don't regret it.
I clench my fists. I wanted to kick a wall or smash something.
But... But I felt so helpless and small. I couldn't do anything when he...
That wasn't like me. I felt trapped and defenceless.
I breath.
What's happened has happened. Time to move on.

I climbed into bed, loosing all thoughts as my eyes drope. I yawn as I engulf myself in the covers.
I looked at my ceiling one last time, as I slowly drift off into dreamless sleep.
----------------------------------
The next day I walked into school, apparently news had travelled around pretty fast.
I saw Logan waiting for me, not knowing what he was going to say, his expression unreadable.