Chapter Twenty-Seven: 'He kissed me'

Hunter kissed me, gently. While my mind had been racing around in exasperation and frustration trying to find that 'something' that I had been wanting for so long, I had failed to realise that someone else had been thinking about me and they had already bought it for me a long time ago. They were just waiting for the right time to give it to me.

As I ignored the blush covering my cheeks, I just enjoyed the moment. I enjoyed the fact that Hunter, the guy who I could never quite figure out, the guy I could never quite tell what he was feeling, Hunter Ryan had finally answered me.

Slowly, after a moment, Hunter pulled back, still holding his hands on either side of my jaw. He looked into my eyes, and I looked into his.

A smile formed on his lips as he continued to look at me. "Now, I can leave without regretting anything that I wish I'd done."

Hunter placed his hands back down and I let a small, smile show. I couldn't hold it back any longer.

"See you later Naomi," Hunter smiled.

I smiled back, blinking gently. "See you, Hunter."

Hunter stared at me for a moment briefly, then turned around and began walking back into the crowd of black and white on the marble before me. As I watched Hunter walk away, his hands in his pockets, I felt more content than I'd ever been since Hunter had waltzed into my life. Now everything... Everything was clear.

I sat in the seat of my Aunt Catalina's car as we drove home with a big smile plastered across my face.

"Did you have a good time tonight, Naomi?" asked Aunt Cat.

My eyes trailed over to her and I could see a smirk on her face, "Yeah, it was great."

"Just 'great' my darling?"

I frowned slightly to myself and she winked at me. "Ah... What was that?"

"I saw you two, you know," she commented, the smirk failing to disappear from her cheeks.

I blushed slightly, "Yeah I know you did Aunt Cat. We danced. To 'sway' believe it or not."

"Not that my darling."

"...Huh?" I turned my attention back to her. "What do you mean?"

She smiled, "Before he left, my darling."

I could feel my cheeks begin to blush a darker shade of rouge as I finally realised what she was talking about. She saw him kiss me. I cleared my throat and didn't say anything.

"Do you like him, the one with the gorgeous eyes?" she asked me.

"I... I do," I admitted.

"My little Naomi is finally growing up!" she exclaimed.

I laughed to myself after she spoke. She had a habit of saying things that made me laugh.

"Darling this is wonderful, no? If you ever want any advice or just someone to talk to about this, you know you can always come to me, okay?"

I smiled, "I know I can. Thanks Aunt Cat."

Monday morning came and I could finally get the chance to tell Abby about everything that had happened. I would have called her Sunday however I knew she was busy with the family commitment she had this weekend.

I had no classes with her in the morning so I waited for her at our usual spot in the cafeteria at morning tea. I scrolled through instagram before Abby placed her lunch tray down on the table opposite me.