Chapter Thirty-Seven: Life's little pleasures

• इन्हें समर्पित: LeftToFly

Hey everyone! I am so incredibly sorry this is being posted so late but I am so close to ending my first semester at college and I have so much worrrrk - plus I had serious writers block for some reason..

Anyone thankyou for your patience and no more dilly-dally - here is the chapter! ♥☺♥

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Life's little pleasures

I got into the passenger seat of Abby's car as she got into the driver's side. I watched out of the window as Dylan and Eric got into Hunter's car while Kelsie and her followers got into hers.

"Hey, relax the test is over," commented Abby glancing at me as she pulled out of the car park.

"Huh?" My eyes flicked to her. "Oh, yeah." I breathed out a sigh of relief.

After Abby following Hunter's car on the road for a while and chatting about our holiday plans, we arrived at a popular burger joint outside a shopping centre. Everyone parked their cars and got out, walking over to the entrance. The boys walked ahead leaving Abby and I to have an oh-so-pleasant run in with Kelsie and her followers.

"Hey, I didn't realise you guys were coming," remarked Kelsie with a flick of her hair over her shoulder. Anita, giggling annoyingly and Sara absorbed in her phone screen, trailed closely behind. Kelsie's skirt was short and her blouse was unbuttoned a little too much at the top - the tight belt at her waist not helping the situation one bit. Kelsie loved the fact that her initials were 'K.K.' because Kim Kardashian was her idol and she bragged about their similarities all, the, time. (Not that there were many besides the initials.)

"No? Well here we are," Abby said, matching the high-pitchness of Kelsie's tone and plastering a fake smile across her face.

"I mean," continued Kelsie making me want to punch myself in the face at the sound of her voice again. "I understand you coming Abby, dating Dylan and all but what about you?" Kelsie stared straight at me. "How come you're here?" she asked me in that fake friendly way her and her clique used too often to belittle people. "Don't you have some other friends you should be hanging out with?"

Wow. What nerve right? Look, I know mother taught me to ignore rude people but - "Did anyone ever tell you you're a b-"

Abby cut me off before I could finish, which was probably a good thing.

"Look would you like someone to spell it out for you or are you just blind?" Abby asked. "Or maybe you're just annoyed that Hunter likes someone other than you or your little minions."

Anita's mouth dropped open as Kelsie's death stare turned to Abby. "We're going to have so much fun on retreat," Kelsie beamed, her eyes staying fierce. And with that her, Anita and Sara continued ahead of us to the restaurant.

When Abby and I walked in, we watched as Kelsie and her minions jumped to sit down with Hunter, Dylan and Eric.

Abby sighed, "Well I don't know about you but I am not sitting there."

"Nope," I agreed.

Instead, Abby and I sat together at a booth close to the others. Barely moments after sitting down, Dylan came over.

"Hey don't feel obliged to sit with me," said Abby smiling up at him. "You can sit with your friends if you want."

Dylan hesitated for a moment before speaking, "You sure?"

"Yeah," Abby half laughed. "I'm not going to kill you if you do."

Dylan smiled back at Abby, before pecking her on the lips and going back over to Hunter and Eric.

When Mr Popular meets Abby Hart | *COMPLETED*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें