Chapter Twenty-Six: Dance with me

Hey guys its been a while! My dad said we don't get internet for another week! So I'm currently using free WiFi at hungry jacks would you believe haha, apart from the fact I feel like I've been deprived from internet for months everything's good and please enjoy this chapter, it was probably one of my favorites to write so far. :)

Dedication to TheBexParade - go check out The 52 journal entries of a Man, its very interesting the way its been written and I love it :)

_sangeetha

Chapter 26: Dance with me

I tried to hold back the blush that was beginning to form on my cheeks as Hunter's eyes slowly drifted up and down my body before finally resting on my eyes. "I'm surprised you remember that far back," I replied turning back around and finally sitting down at the bar.

"There's a lot of things about me that would probably surprise you," commented Hunter joining me at the bar, sitting beside me.

The bartender caught my eye from the other end of the bar. He smiled at me and I smiled back briefly before turning back to Hunter. "So," I said, "If you don't mind me asking, what the hell are you doing here?" Ah the question that had been pondering over in my mind after I'd stepped foot on that catwalk and found Hunter in the crowd.

Hunter smiled at me as if I'd just told him the world's funniest joke. Okay maybe that was a bit harsh but hey - at least Hunter seems to have a sense of humour, right?

"My dad," replied Hunter rubbing the back of his neck. "You know how I said he wanted me to take a day out of each week for work experience? This was one of those things. 'Work experience'. He's in public relations. This was one of the events he was involved in."

"I didn't know he was in public relations..." I replied.

Hunter's eyes traced the ground before he found my eyes again, "You never asked."

I felt a slight sense of guilt after he said that. I mean it was true, thinking back I never did.

After Hunter's eyes had scanned the area around the bar, he turned back to me and cleared his throat, "I wasn't going to come tonight but after I heard there'd be models, I couldn't resist."

I rolled my eyes, "You never miss an opportunity do you?"

Hunter smirked as the bartender approached us suddenly.

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" he asked politely, staring at me.

I opened my mouth to speak before someone cut me off.

"She'll have a tequila sunrise and he'll have a gin and juice," said my Aunt Cat behind us.

The bartender's eyes flicked from Aunt Cat back to me before he smiled again and left to go shake up the drinks.

"I see you've already met one of the bachelors," said Aunt Cat, nudging me gently.

Hunter smirked at her comment, his eyes tracing the bar table top briefly.

"Oh no, Aunt Cat this is Hunter -"

Before I could explain that I actually already knew Hunter, she turned to him greeting him quickly.

"Hunter, what a lovely name," she said to him with the slightest hint of a Spanish accent. "Oh and what lovely eyes." She turned to me, "Careful honey, you might get lost in them." She winked at me and I began to feel my cheeks growing warm again.

Finally she left to go and talk to some other people, but not before calling back. "You take care of my niece Hunter."

When she was gone, Hunter spoke. "Your aunt is Catalina Miller?" he asked surprised.