Chapter 3

Ae-Young's P.O.V. 

"You can go home now, if you like." Mr. Lee suddenly said, as I looked up at him from my computer. "It seems like a pretty quiet evening, I think it'll be fine if you prefer not to stay." 

"Really?" I asked, not believing that I could actually go home early. As Mr. Lee nodded his head, I couldn't help but let out a little squeal of excitement. I haven't had much time to myself lately, as I've been working non stop lately. "Thank you so much!" 

"Oh, and Ae-Young, have you thought about my offer?" Mr. Lee added on, hoping I would say what he wanted me to. 

"I just need to think about it a little more, so I can consider all the pros and cons." I replied honestly, getting a simple nod in reply. Once he left, I quickly gathered my things, ready to go home. 

Once I knew I had everything I needed, I quickly headed out of the building. As I walked out into the fresh air, I was quick to take my badge off, and place it in the iside of my jacket, now that I was out of work. And since I am, I might as well call Soomin. 

I took out my phone, as I slowly walked through the streets, in the direction of my apartment. I soon found Soomin in my contacts, and didn't hesitate to press the call button. 

"Hey Ae-Young!! Everything okay?" The loud and very optimistic tone of voice, came from my phone. I chuckled lightly, as I heard the excitement in her voice that was always present, as she had quite the bubbly and extroverted personality. 

"Well actually, yes! I'm happy to report, that I got off work early!" I cheered, hearing one back, but even louder. 

"So I'm about 97% sure that this means you want to go shopping now?" Ae-Young was quick to say, resulting in me letting out another soft chuckle at her statement. 

"You know, that 3% percent of being able to stay in bed does sound rather tempting." I joked, hearing a sarcastic laugh in reply. 

"You know where we should go? The new coffee shop down the road from my apartment! Then we can take our drinks, and browse around in the shopping centre that is just a minutes walk away from there." Soomin suggested, as I soon hummed in response. 

"Okay, perfect! I should be there in 7-ish minutes." I informed her, hearing a simple 'see you then' before the call ended. 

After I put my phone away, I had to turn back, and change my course towards the nearest bus stop, whick was thankfully just a minute away from where I now stand. I walked hurriedly towards the stop, checking to see when the next bus would arrive. Seeing that it should be here in no more than four minutes, I instantly became more at ease. 

I sat down at the seats, as I waited for the bus to come down. To my delight, it almost instatly came into view, the next time I looked down the road. I was quick to get up, and signal for the bus to stop by me. 

Once the bus had come to a stop, I borded it, after showing my annual bus ticket. I was soon let on, and I made my way to one of a few avaliable seats. My stop was the next one, so when the bus came towards the destination, I hurriedly exited the bus. 

Quite soon, I found my way to the coffee shop Soomin had told me about. She mentioned its whereabouts earlier in the week, so I had a vague idea of where it was. Once I knew I had the right place, I entered the shop, and instantly found Soomin sitting (surprisingly) calmly at a table in the middle of the shop. 

"Soomin!" I called out, careful not to be too loud, so as not to disturb anyone else. Soomin however, forgot to take this into consideration. 

"Ae-Young, you're here!!" Soomin basically shouted back, making her way towards me. I smiled widely, as I gave her a hug. "Now let's finally get something! I need some coffee, or else I might not be able to keep going for the next few hours!" 

"Alright then...." I giggled, as we walked up to the till together. I looked at the menu, wondering what I should get, as Soomin already began to order. Since I don't like coffee, and this coffee shop has it as its main product, it may be difficult. "Excuse me, do you have anything without coffee?" 

"Ah, of course. There's a hot chocolate, a- 

"Say no more, I'll have that." I instantly said, showing a small smile, at the meantion of hot chocolate. Who can turn down such an amazing drink? 

"It's on the house..." The man behind the counter said, as I began to take out some cash. I smiled shyly, as he winked in my direction. I had to turn around out of bashfulness, as I was probably red in the face. 

"Thanks...." I managed to say, as the same man gave me my drink once he finished making it. I quickly took it, giving him a grateful smile, before turning to Soomin. 

"Lucky!" Soomin almost shouted, as we exited the shop. I could only chuckle light in reply, as I thought back to it. "Oh look!" 

"What?" I asked, as I noticed Soomin pointing to my cup. 

"Girl, you are killin' it today!" She teased, as I looked towards my cup. I found a phone number heavily written in marker, with a name alongside it. Jisung. I instantly blushed at the sight of it, before taking a sip of my hot chocolate to calm my sudden rise of excitement. "Now! Let's get to shopping!" 

I opened the door to my apartment, and hurriedly made my way to my bed, the second I locked the door. My feet were killing me, from all the walking Soomin made me do. I let myself collapse onto the bed, and just relax for a few seconds. 

After multiple minutes of laying still on the bed, which actually only felt like a mere 20 seconds, I found the energy to get up, and change. I took my jacket off, and threw it on the nearest chair, as I began to look for a new pair of pyjamas to wear. Once I had done so, I took my pjamas to the bathroom, and took a nice long shower. 

After I had, I practically jumped into bed, ready to go asleep as it was around 9:30 now, and I had to get up early for work tomorrow. I thought I would be able to simply fall asleep, and wake up refreshed in the morning. But instead, I got a call.....from my boss. 

"Hello?" I said into my mic, the moment I answered the call. It did take me some time, as I had contemplated on whether or not to just ignore it. But for whatever reason, I felt like I should've answered it. So I did

"Hello Ae-Young. I am very sorry to have to call you this late, but a case seemed to come up. And....well, I'd like you to go over." 

A/N I apologise for getting this chapter out so late, compared to the last two! I have been working on other stories, in my drafts actually (which, for whatever reason, takes up most of my time....). But don't worry, the next chapter won't take nearly as long to get out! 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!! I purple you! 💜💜