Chapter 2

"No bother." I said, as I left the school, for the second time now. There wasn't too much of a problem, two guys just found out they were soulmates, and they freaked out. But regardless of them being this young, they looked quite happy, being together. 

I made my way out, into the cold, fresh air. I do have to get back to work, very soon. But just for a minute, it's nice to stay in the breeze. But of course the moment is ruined, by an incoming call. 

"Yes." I said, without much emotion in voice, making it clear I was annoyed. 

"Mr. Lee said, when you've finished, there will be a meeting." The same co-worker from before, notified me. I sighed loudly into the phone, before telling her I'd be there. 

I'm always being rushed off my feet, I never get time to myself. This job has me running around everywhere, whether it's my area of expertise, or not. 

"That's this weeks topic, so please do your research. A case like that might come in, and you'll need to know what to do, if it does." My boss finished, after the hour long meeting. Yes, a whole hour of my time, wasted. "Wait, Ae-Young! Can you stay back? I need to have a word with you, it won't take long." 

"Of course." I replied, showing a warm smile. I stayed in my seat, as all my co-workers left the meeting room. I saw my friend Soomin, who I met here actually, mouth 'good luck' on her way out. I could only roll my eyes in response, and give a small chuckle. 

"Ae-Young, I wanted to thank you for what you did today. No one else volunteered, so I appreciate you going." My boss began, as I nodded my head in reply. "You've been a great help around here, and I don't know how I'd be able to function without you...." 

"I'm not getting fired, am I?" I quickly asked, as he ended his last statement. Thankfully, he shook his head immediately, and began to explain. 

"No no, on the contrary. I'd like you offer you another job." Mr. Lee stated, pushing a few papers before me. "You will keep your job now, but I would like to ask you to do this as well." 

"Assistant manager?" I said aloud, as I read through the paper. "Mr. Lee, it's not that I don't appreciate this. Trust me, I do. It's just that, I've actually- 

"Can you think about it, please? At least a little, before you decide to turn it down immediately." He asked, cutting me off. I sighed lightly, as I looked at the paper again. I then nodded my head in agreement. "Thank you, Ae-Young. And please, take all the time you need to decide." 

I nodded my head once again, as I got up from my seat. I hurriedly exited the room, in search of Soomin. I went up to her desk, and as soon as she saw me she ran at me, giving me a hug. 

"Soomin, am I glad to see you!" I said happily, hugging her back. As soon as I let go, I gave her a somewhat playful glare. "And never, I repeat never, come in late again. I almost died, not having you with me." 

"Aw, I'm sorry." She replied with a giggle. "What did Mr. Lee want?" 

"This...." I replied, holding up the papers I was given. I gave them to Soomin, who could only widen her eyes in response to seeing the text. 

"You are taking it, right?" She asked, as I simply shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, give me at least three reasons why you would ever turn down an offer like that." 

"One, because. Two, because. And three....because." I replied, seeing Soomin roll her eyes, then hitting me lightly.

"No really, I'm curious." She stated, as I sighed lightly.

"Well for one, I know it'll be too much pressure. He said I could continue with the position I have now, which means I'll have to work basically two jobs." I stated, seeing Soomin nod her head. 

"Okay, I guess that's a valid point." 

"Two, is that I actually don't want to continue doing this for much longer. This was never my dream job, and if I take this job on as well, I'll never have the time to focus on what I really want to do." I continued, seeing Soomin nod her head again. 

"And three?" She simply asked. I shrugged my shoulders, as I stated my last point. 

"And he's too much of a flirt. I'm already finding it annoying, but if take that job, there's no hope in it ending." 

"That's true. He really seems to like you, and it's kinda creepy." Soomin agreed, as we both let out a laugh at the thought of it. "So, how about we go out tonight? We haven't been able to spend time together in a while, so it'd be nice." 

"I don't think I can, I'm working late." I said with a sigh. "Just my luck...." 

Yoongi P.O.V.

"Namjoon, I think you need to rest for a bit. You've been so stressed out lately, and you're definitely over-working yourself." I said, as Namjoon walked into the dorms looking far more exhausted than he did an hour ago. 

"Rest?" Namjoon replied, showing me a look of complete disbelief. "I have to complete writing three songs, for the next album, at least. And on top of that, we have so many interviews to prepare for, along with live performances. I can rest later." 

"Okay, just be careful." I replied with a sigh, not pushing the topic any further. I looked around the room, seeing only Jungkook missing. "Where's Jungkook?" 

"Still practicing." Jimin replied. We finished practice over two hours ago, and even when all of us stayed for an extra hour, some even more, Jungkook still continues. "Where are you going?" 

"I'm going to go and tell Jungkook, that he needs a break. He'll be fainting at this rate." I said, looking at Jimin, as I walked out the door. I walked out of the dorms, in the direction of our main practice room, where we had been rehearsing today. And sure enough, when I got there, Jungkook was drenched in sweat, and still pushing himself past his limit. 

"Jungkook! That's enough, you're going to over-work yourself. Please, take a break." I basically shouted over the music. Jungkook simply shook his head, as he continued to practice. I sighed as I walked over to switch off the music. "At least for a half an hour...." 

"Okay hyung, but then I'm going back to practice even harder." He replied, as I gave a small nod. Even half an hour, will hopefully help him regain some energy. 

Jungkook and I walked back quietly to the dorms, the only noise being Jungkook's heavy breathing. But as soon as we had reached the dorms, the door was wide open, revealing a member of staff crouching low to the ground, beside someone. 

"What happened?" I quickly said, as I saw Namjoon holding his head, while lying on the ground. I looked to the member of staff, hoping she would provide me with an answer. And sure enough, she had. 

"It's happened. Namjoon has found his soulmate....." 

A/N HmmmMmMMm- I wonder, were you expecting that? Hehehe~