Chapter 15

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

"So...." Soomin began, as I walked towards her with a cup of coffee in one hand, and tea in another. "What happened?"

"Oh, nothing really." I replied, taking a seat next to her. I smiled lightly to myself, before quickly taking a sip of my tea to hide it. But of course, nothing goes by Soomin that easily.

"Uhu, and I totally believe that." Soomin replied, sitting next to me. She took a small sip from her cup of coffee, before continuing. "You kissed him, didn't-

"What? No!" I instantly retorted, feeling myself blush slightly at the thought. I mean, who wouldn't? "He's my soulmate, Soomin. But that doesn't mean we're dating."

"Yeah yeah, same difference." She giggled. "But really, what happened?"

"Like I said. Nothing really." I replied, thinking back to last night. "We talked for a bit, got all the important bits out of the way. And I sent him off with a hug. Nothing much."

"N-Nothing much. I beg to differ." She looked at me, with an expression I could barely understand. I guess the best way you could explain it, was if you bumped into a celebrity and became besties without even realising how popular they- Oh.

"Well....it not that-" I started, realising what must be going on in Soomin's mind. "No, I have nothing I can say."

"Damn, you're really out there living the Y/N life...." Soomin muttered, before taking another sip of her coffee. I couldn't help but let out a little giggle at this, before noticing someone approaching us both. Both she and I straightened our posture, and ended our current conversation without another word being spoken.

"Ms. Kwan, if you don't mind following me out, I'd like to have a word." I heard Mr. Lee's voice, which instantly brought back my serious, or rather simply, my professional aura, in front of him. I nodded my head lightly, getting up from my chair.

I put my cup down, once I had stood up. Then giving Soomin a look, as if to say goodbye, I followed Mr. Lee to his office. I already knew what this would be about, unless there were other work matters to discuss. I honestly hoped for the second option, as I wasn't ready to let Mr. Lee know of my final decision for the first.

"Take a seat, please." Mr. Lee informed me, as we entered his office. I nodded my head, not saying a word, while sitting down at the opposite side of his desk. "I assume you know why I called on you?"

"I think so, yes." I began, trying to think about my next few words rather carefully.

"Your decision, on my offer. Mind you, this would be a big opportunity to turn down." Mr. Lee stated, which didn't make this any easier for me.

"I understand, however, with all things considered....I've decided to not take the job." I stated, looking up from the ground, where I had been looking at for the past minute, hoping it would swallow me whole so I could get out of this conversation.

"Ae-Young, I don't know what to say...." Mr. Lee replied in an almost whisper, clearly not expecting the answer I gave him. "You'd be turning down-

"Mr. Lee, with all due respect, I'm fully aware of what I'm giving up." I stated, interrupting him, before he could attempt to change my mind. "I've taken a long time, considering the pros and cons of the situation. Unfortunately, the cons outweighed everything else. Therefore, I have to turn this down."

"I see." Mr. Lee began, looking as if he were at a loss for words. I have to say, I've never seen him like this. "But if maybe, I gave you some more time to think about-