Chapter 11

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

I slammed my door shut, hearing the picture frame beside the door fall, since I had rather harshly closed the door. I couldn't bring myself to go back, because now all I wanted, was to crawl up onto my bed, and cry. But I couldn't even make it there, before my legs gave way, and I found myself on the floor.

"Why me?" I whispered, as I silently sobbed to myself. "Why now?"

I spent four years, studying about this. Trying to find any way to help prevent my soulmate bonding. Of course, it was a great interest of mine since I was very young, and I wanted to know more out of curiosity. But I only had a few major reasons to pursue this career, and this was one of them.

I hoped I could maybe find a way, that would prevent me finding my soulmate, or maybe at the very least, buy me the time I needed to later be ready for it. This, along with a few other things, of course was the reason I work as an SBR. And now that I have failed one of my main personal goals, I couldn't help but cry.

I know I've been doing a lot of sulking around, and crying lately. And I know, I should just pull myself together and deal with it. But sometimes, it's good to have a little bit of time to yourself, and just cry. The tears that fall are a representation of all the shit I've had to deal with, all the problems I've faced, all the challenges that are daring to break me.

At times like these, I sometimes forget that it can be easier to share my feelings. It's not only a great feeling for me, but for the person listening too. They feel like they're doing something to ease my pain, which can make them feel better about themselves as a person, as a result of that. So really, sharing my problems every now and again, is a win-win situation. It's just that sometimes, I forget how it feels to be on the other side, completely ignoring how I would treat me, if I were to go asking for some advice or help.

With that in mind, I instantly unlocked my phone to call up Soomin, before I could change my mind. She was in my favorites, so finding her number took no longer than a few mere seconds. However, seeing the time, it made sense that it took a second attempt at calling her. But to my relief, on the second try, she answered.

"Ae-Young....do you know what time it is?" I heard Soomin's groggy voice say, on the other end, followed by a yawn which I happened to repeat at the sound of it.

"It's happened." I simply said, knowing Soomin would instantly understand. That is, if she wasn't so tired that she couldn't think straight. But hearing the light gasp on the other end, told me she indeed knew what I was referring to.

"What, now? When? A-And where, and how?" Soomin instantly began, throwing questions at me.

"Providing you're careful, do you think you could come over? I think I need a little-

"Say no more, I'm on my way!" Soomin instantly replied, not letting me finish, as her motherly instincts kicked in. Not that she had children, but she had younger siblings, so it was natural for her to react in such a way.

Once she hung up, I put my phone down, and sprawled myself across the floor. I closed my eyes, rubbing away the tears that had fallen down my cheeks. I sniffled lightly, then took a sharp breath in. While I released my breath, I put a hand over my heart, in an attempt to feel the beat of it.

I stayed like this for a little while, as a way of calming myself down, before probably crying again to Soomin. It feels like that's all I've been doing lately.

After what felt like hours, I heard a knock on the door to my apartment. I quickly got up, and rushed to the door. I unlocked it quickly, and found Soomin standing outside with a huge coat on, and carrying a plastic bag.