Chapter 16

My breathing became uneasy, as I walked closer to the BigHit building. I wonder if Yoongi has had anything said to him? Or would Yoongi have already mentioned me before any questions were asked?

So many thoughts we're drifting through my mind, and I couldn't focus on any one. There was too much to think about. I mean, I knew they'd find out sooner or later. But I really hoped for later. Much later. Unfortunately though, that's not exactly an option for me right now.

Thankfully though, as I neared closer, every step became easier than the last. I felt my phone vibrate in my bag, as I came up to the building, and before going in, I thought I may as well check it. After all, it may be Yoongi.

I quickly took my phone out, and glanced at the screen as it displayed the time and recent notifications. There was one message, so I clicked into it, putting in my passcode when it was required.

My heart sank slightly, noticing that it wasn't Yoongi who had texted. It was Soomin. She said she had something urgent to tell me. Unfortunately though, I didn't have another minute to spare, so I couldn't reply.

Putting my phone back into my bag, I walked through the doors, taking a deep breath in, as an attempt to calm myself. And lucky for me, it worked. I walked up to the front desk, seeing the same staff member I had the previous few times.

He gave me a warm smile, before leading me towards the area that Sejin, and I'm assuming the others too, were in. This time, he hadn't asked for my identification. I'm glad he didn't, because I'm not sure I even thought to bring it with me. My mind was buzzing, and I could only think of Yoongi at that moment.

Walking up the stairs, my heart began to race, but continuously ceased every few seconds, getting slower and slower, before racing again. I can only assume that's Yoongi's doing, in a means to calm me, so he too will be calm. He's trying.

I opened up the door, after taking a deep breath in. The second I looked in, it felt like I was back at school, giving a stupid presentation to the class. So many eyes were on me, so suddenly that I began to feel anxious. My eyes immediately darted around the room, trying to find Yoongi. And when my eyes finally landed on him, I felt myself begin to calm down ever so slightly.

"Ae-Young, thank you so much for getting here so fast." Sejin quickly announced, looking rather worried. "Yoongi hasn't said much, so I was hoping that if you asked him some questions, maybe we'd figure this out."

My head instantly snapped from Sejin to Yoongi, upon hearing this. Yoongi hadn't said anything. I don't know whether to feel relieved, or more stressed out at this.

Without another word, I slowly walked over to Yoongi. I built up all the courage I had, as I stood in front of him. I gave a small nod, as I walked to his right side. Slowly, I pulled up my own sleeve, while Yoongi did the same.

"W-what's going on?" I heard Sejin say. There were light, yet audible gasps heard from around the room. I glanced around, seeing various reactions to the situation. Most were simply surprised.

"I- it's me, I'm Yoongi's soulmate." I managed to say quickly, before Yoongi could say anything. I wasn't able to read the expression of Manager Sejin, so I instantly felt uneasy at the situation. Maybe I should have dealt with this in another way?

"I didn't want to say anything, because I wanted Joon to find his soulmate. If people were focused on me, even for a little bit, that would mean Joonie might have had to wait that much longer to find his other half." Yoongi stated, noticing my worried state. "I apologise for not saying anything sooner."