Chapter 10

Yoongi's P.O.V.

I glanced back down at my wrist, not really believing what just happened. When I glanced up at Ae-Young, I could tell she found it hard to wrap it around her head also.

However, rather than maybe talking about it, she did the complete opposite.

"I'm sorry, I have bad timing. I'm quite clumsy like that...." She said, as she picked up the umbrella, completely disregarding what happened. "I should be going."

"What? Now?" I quickly stated, wearing a serious expression at her reaction. Why would she want to leave? We bonded, I'm sure of it, by the numbers on our wrists there really is no denying it.

"Yes, now." She stated, ready to leave. She can't be serious. Before she could go, I gently reached for her wrist, hoping she would stop. And as I did, I noticed a sudden wave of ease and comfort come over me. Then when she stopped, I knew she felt it too.

"You know what just happened. You- You can't just leave...." I managed to say, still quite in shock at what happened myself.

"Can't I?" She replied, looking up, but then quickly looked down, as if not wanting to meet my gaze. To say I was surprised by this reply, well saying it was an understatement wouldn't quite get my point across, it was far from what I had expected to hear, I'll say that much.

"W-well, I don't really know what to say next.... No one can prepare you for these things, so I don't even know what happens next myself." I replied, sighing loudly.

Since I haven't been in this situation before, I don't even have a clue what comes next. Without even thinking, I let go of Ae-Young's wrist, that I had kept a hold of the past minute or two, without even realising I had. I just simply sat down on the ground, crossing my legs.

If anyone passed by, they'd not only be confused, but I'd say they'd be a little worried for me too. But at this point, I honestly didn't care. I know most of the people here, and the staff of course knows who I am. I don't think they'd think it too wild, seeing as I live with six other much more, unpredictable people, we'll say.

This must have taken Ae-Young by surprise, but rather than asking me about it, or simply leaving, she joined me on the ground. She knelt on the ground across from me, and suddenly I felt her gaze on me. And as I looked up, I was proven correct, once our eyes met.

"What now?" I asked, hoping for an answer. I mean, she is the expert. However instead of providing an answer, I heard a sigh and watched as she shrugged her shoulders, looking to the ground. "You didn't want to stay. So why are still here?"

"Well, it would be quite selfish of me to just leave you like that. Wouldn't it?" She replied, looking back at me.

"You got that right." I stated, hearing a small breathy laugh. I looked to the ground, as I once again thought about what happened. "Scared?"

"Immeasurably." She answered, with a light chuckle, as if trying to make an attempt to ease the tension between us. "And you?"

"You bet." I replied, as I looked back up towards Ae-Young. She seemed to notice, and looked back up at me, giving me a small smile. It was weird, that we both new exactly when the other had their attention fixed on one another. Maybe it was the soulmate bonding, or maybe it was psychology. Who knows?

"Listen, I know you might be confused, or....I don't know what you're feeling-

"The thing is, you do." I interrupted, as I myself knew what she was feeling, in the same way she knew exactly how I felt in this situation. She seemed rather scared, but not really in the same way I was. I was, or rather still am afraid, because I don't know how this all works. I don't know how this will carry out, I don't know if there's something that happens after it. It's the process I'm afraid of. But Ae-Young, she seems to have a little more causing her worrying. "We both do."