Chapter 12

My eyes opened up suddenly, hearing my alarm go off from far away. I shot my head up quickly, seeing I was sleeping on the ground. I looked up to my bed, where I did usually sleep, and found Soomin sprawled on it. Should I even be surprised?

I took a minute to try and wake up, just rubbing my eyes and yawning, while I thought about nothing in particular. I kind of just gazed at a wall, zoning out.

However, I quickly pulled myself together, once I heard my alarm go off again. I got up quickly, turned it off and then lay back on the ground to regain the strength I just used. Unfortunately though, I knew I had to work today.

I took my phone in my hands again, unlocked it and went straight to YouTube. I tried to think of the most annoying sound I could, and gave up, so I just typed in "annoying sounds to wake people up" and tapped on the first video I saw, putting it on nearly full volume.

Putting my phone on the locker beside my bed and leaving it there, in the hopes that it would maybe drive Soomin out of her slumber, I walked out to my kitchen. I know Soomin likes coffee, so I would make her it. However....I don't. So I don't have any coffee, meaning that she'll just have to settle with a nice cup of tea.

"I don't want to wake up!" I heard a loud voice, Soomin's, shout from my room. I then heard the video stop, and a loud groan of annoyance filling the silence. "What a way to wake me up...."

"It worked though, didn't it?" I shouted back to her. I could just feel her rolling her eyes, even though I couldn't see it, I know her enough to know that she is. I began to make us both a cup of tea, as I saw her sleepily walk towards me. She sat down at the small table near the kitchen, and lay her head down on it.

"I don't want to go to work today." She whispered, keeping her eyes closed. "I just don't feel like it."

"Nor do I. But, I know you better than to be someone who whines about not wanting to go to work and help people." I stated, as I brought over her cup of tea once it was ready.

"Thank you...." Soomin whispered, once I had tapped her on the shoulder, and showed her the cup. She took a sip of it, looked up at me and back down to her cup. "I'm gonna get coffee for you, just so I can have it when I'm over."

"That's fine with me." I replied with a giggle. "And don't worry, I won't touch it."

"Why do you not like coffee anyways?" Soomin asked, taking another sip of her tea, that she seemed to be forcing herself to drink. "You like the smell, don't you?"

"Yeah I do, I just...." I replied, trying to think of the reason. "I tried my sister's once, when I was maybe ten. It not only burnt my tongue, but also left a bitter taste in my mouth afterwards. Never liked it since."

"Unbelievable." She replied, standing up, taking her cup with her. She put it by the sink, and stood by the counter. "I'm making it my mission to get you to try it again. And hopefully, enjoy it."

"Good luck with that." I scoffed, as I continued drinking my tea. "I'm guessing you didn't like your tea?"

"Oh no, it was....lovely." She replied, trying to convince herself more than me. "I really have to go though."

"Yeah, of course." I said as I got up, quickly giving her a hug. Of course, I'll see her again in the next hour or two, but she has to get back home and get ready. "I can't believe you didn't bring anything else with you, other than food."