Chapter 27

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

I walked towards the kitchen, feeling rather sleepy as I turned the kettle on. I couldn't even remember waking up and getting out of bed, but I know I did so during the past five or so minutes. I must be really tired. When I looked at my phone, I realised why....it was half four, in the morning!

I sat at my kitchen table, scrolling through my messages, seeing Soomin had texted me, asking if I was alright. I gave her a short one word reply of reassurance, before putting my phone down and making my tea.

I felt quite tired before, but now I'm just sleepless. I have an odd feeling that it's not me who's the cause of it.... Nevertheless, I may as well get started with the day. Even though it may be half past four, it wouldn't hurt to get a few things done around the house before work.

It's like they say, there's no time like the present. Or, the early bird catches the worm. I'm sure there are many more phrases that could be of use in this situation, but I'm too tired to continue attempting to motivate myself. I know as soon as I take a sip of my tea, I'll fall onto the sofa, magically put the TV remote in my hand and finish watching the final episode of the K-drama I had previously binged once upon a time.

And as I took that sip of my tea, I did just that. For the next hour I watched the K-drama. Then, still restless, I decided to start watching another, as recommend by Soomin a while back. To be honest, I was hoping I would doze off in the middle of it. Unfortunately however, I just couldn't.

By this point, I was feeling rather fed up of sitting around doing nothing. In addition to that, my eyes were starting to hurt from both the lack of sleep and watching TV for so many hours. So now, I thought it would be a good time to take a shower and change, get ready for work and....WORK-

I jumped up quickly from the sofa, in search of my phone. It took a few trips around my apartment, until I found it was simply lying on the kitchen table, where I last left it. I checked the time, and indeed it read the time 9:02, meaning I was late. And I was going to be very late, if I didn't leave right now.

I can't however, since I have to change. That's going to take more time. Then collecting all my work materials, that should put me back even more. I sprinted around the house, trying to find files that I would probably need for today.

I only stopped momentarily to change-

After checking my reflection in the mirror, double-checking I had my keys and phone in my bag and triple-checking everything in my house was turned off, I left my apartment

After checking my reflection in the mirror, double-checking I had my keys and phone in my bag and triple-checking everything in my house was turned off, I left my apartment. I ran down the stairs quickly once I was sure I locked up, and made my way to work.

I hurried my place as much as possible, without making a show of myself of course. I didn't fancy making a fool of myself running like crazy down a street I go through every single day.