Chapter 18

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

I rushed through the building, trying to find the room that the person at the front desk had told me to go to. There weren't many people going through the halls, so it was okay if I made a fool of myself running around here, as no one would even take notice.

After that call with Yoongi, I have to admit I felt a whole lot better, yet again thanks to him. And even when running up to the building and to the front desk, I didn't feel as stressed out thanks to Yoongi's reassurance.

But now seeing the number on the wall, where my mother would be....all the worry instantly returned. However, I didn't waste another second, as I quickly opened the door.

"He-

I heard the small voice of my sister begin to say, then stop mid-way upon seeing me. I looked to the only bed in the room, seeing my mother sleeping peacefully on it. I instantly became more relaxed, knowing she was alright.

I looked back at Jiyeon, seeing her give a weak smile, before slowly making her way towards me, her heels making a rhythmic tune as she did. She opened up her arms, and brought me into a big hug. A hug, only an older sister could give.

"How have you been?" I asked, still holding on tightly.

"Well, I've been better." She admitted with a sigh. "And you?"

"Actually, pretty well." I replied, as we naturally parted from our hug. I saw her smiling brightly, as she gave my hand a squeeze. I too smiled genuinely, as I thought about the last while, replaying it all in my mind.

"I'm glad to hear that." She said happily. "It sounds as if you've got more than just work, that puts that sort of grin on your face."

"Maybe...." I giggled, earning one in response. But unfortunately, we may have been a little loud, as both of us turned to look at our mother stirring in her sleep. I looked down, feeling a little guilty for being so loud. "Hey what happened?"

"Huh?" Jiyeon replied, looking where I was. There was a bandage over her wrist, and quickly she held onto it as if hiding it. "Oh, it's nothing. My wrists are just weak, so the bandage helps to strengthen them."

"But it's only on one-

"Ae-Young....is that you?" I heard my mother's frail voice say, and instantly my head shot to the side. I quickly rushed to the side of the bed, kneeling down and holding onto my mother's hand.

"Yeah, it's me." I replied, showing a strong smile. "I'm glad to see you're alright."

"Yes, I had a bit of a shock." She replied, showing a smile. "But I'm fine, I'm doing alright now. What about you?"

"Yeah, work is-

It was then that I stopped, noticing how I had completely forgotten about work. I had left, because Sejin, my client at the time, had needed me. But I don't think this classifies as part of work.

"Ae-Young?" My mother's voice had said, with a hint of worry, bringing me back out of my thoughts. "Is everything okay?"

"Just remembered something." I quickly stated, trying to think back to what I had been saying before. "Work is great. Just, a little stressful right now."

"Well, that's the way you want it. It means you have loads to keep yourself busy with." My mother stated, patting my hand. "Could you be a dear, and grab me that glass of water?"

I nodded my head lightly, reaching over to grab the glass with my free hand on the side table. But as I had, I soon realised one major detail, that I hadn't remembered. My soulmate markings.