I Don't Care (Kelley O'Hara x Reader)

A/n: Day dos mah dudes

November 2008

"Monica, I don't wanna go to this stupid Halloween party."

My roommate started dragging me out of my bed making me groan.

"Come on, you promised me that you would go this year. Plus I heard some of the Varsity Women Soccer players were going to be there, including Frat Daddy herself, Kelley O'Hara."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, finally giving in and no it's not because of one certain forward that I wanna see... okay maybe a little.

Can you blame me though? She's fucking hot.

"Fine, but I'm not dressing up for shit."

I looked around, holding a red solo cup with, what I was told, was a sprite. Everyone was just grinding on each other and it was making me a little uncomfortable.

I took a sip from the cup and immediately coughed, feeling the unfamiliar burn down my throat.

"You have been one of the victims of Katie's 'sprites', you should learn to never trust college students just giving out drinks at a party. I would know, I'm one of them."

I turned around to be met with the soccer superstar herself. I blushed and looked down.

"Judging by your lack of awareness and your awkward posture, this is the first time you had ever been to a party."

I glared at her defensively.

"No, it's not."

She chuckled and brought her hands up in a form of surrender.

"Okay, calm down tiger. Kelley O'Hara by the way."

She gave me one of those heart-melting smiles making me smile back. She brought her hand out for me to shake it, so I did.

"Y/n Y/l/n."

She looked down in thought before looking back up at me.

"Well Y/n, Shall we dance?"

I grinned and nodded. She took my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor.

Maybe tonight wasn't so bad after all.

February 2009

"Do you mind keeping whatever we have on the down-low for a while? A lot of eyes and the media are on me right now and I don't want that kind of effect the relationship that we have. It's not that I'm ashamed of you, but I want us to navigate our relationship first before bringing in the people outside of our relationship into it ya know."

I chuckled and nodded in understanding before pulling her in for a kiss.

"You don't have to explain everything to me, babe. I won't force you to come out."

She gave me a smile before pulling me on top of her making me squeal.

"Gosh, you're amazing."

I kissed the tip of her nose and grinned.

"You're more amazing, soccer superstar."

December 2009

Today I am attending a USWNT Christmas Party where I would meet the rest of the team.

I was basically crippling with anxiety once we pulled up at the parking lot. Kelley held my hand and gave me a reassuring smile, making me relax a little bit.

"It's gonna be okay, they are going to love you."

And love me they did. The first time they met me, Abby immediately screamed 'It's official she is my wife, she's perfect' making Kelley go all defensive and for some of the members of the team to protest.