💕 Happy Singles Awareness Day (Kristie Mewis x Reader)

Is it going to be a Valentine's dump? Yes. Just a few short Valentines Imagines for today, tomorrow and on 15 for various players I could fit in, in hopes of getting into the Valentine's spirit. It's the first time in a long time where I'm not celebrating it cause my lonely ass is single so I'm dumping my energy that is usually used on my past significant others... here, and facebook is doing a great job at reminding me of those times. So, enjoy my lonliness.

I sat on my couch, not really in the mood to do anything today, especially since today is a day I loath.

Valentine's day.

It's not that I'm bitter or anything....

Okay yeah I am.

It is a day to give couples a valid excuse to flaunt their relationship to the public and it's everywhere, social media, the park even the fucking gym. It's haunting me.

I have persoanlly never celebrated the said "holiday". All my past relationships being with douchy ass boys that don't even last 3 fucking months before their penises start to itch and "accidentally" enter another girl. So far this is the 3rd time this had happened to me, his excuse was that 'he has needs to satisfy' which is a bullshit excuse because I also have needs but you don't see me fucking the closest human being in sight. Mistake on my part seeing as, apparently, I don't have a good sense of judgment of one's personality.

I groaned and turned my phone off, chucking it on the coffee table in front of me.

"I don't honestly see the point of this day. I hate it here."

I lifted my head up and watched as my best friend and roommate walked into the living room, her blonde hair in a tight, secure bun and she was wearing a blue oversized Nike sweater and jean shorts.

I chuckled at her and nodded my head.

"Tell me about it, it's going to be such an annoying day."

She plopped down beside me and let out a deep sigh. My head slowly faced her as I studied her features.

"It's the first time in a long time that you're single on this day Mewis."

She looked at me and chuckled, shaking her head.

"And as usual, another fuckboy broke your heart. They never seem to last until the month of February do they."

I laughed and nodded my head.

"Fucking pussies. They're too cheap for this holiday."

Kristie giggled from beside me and nodded her head, we were silent for a few more minutes, we're both probably contemplating on what we would be doing on this dreadful day.

"Let's make our own holiday."

I gave the midfielder a questioning look as she sat up and looked at me excitedly.

"Who gives a fuck about Valentine's day? I say we reclaim the holiday and name it the Singles Awareness Day."

I chuckled and shook my head, thinking she was joking when I didn't hear her say anything else, my head snapped back at her only to be met by her serious and determined face.

"Oh, you're serious? What even do we do? Go out and rally on the streets, holding up picket signs to 'raise awareness'? Oh I know a good idea, what if we buy a tray of eggs and throw it at every couple we see?"

She looked at me like I had the best idea ever making me look at her in panic and immediately shake my head.

"That's a great idea.'

"No, no. I was only joking Kristie, we are not going to jail for assault, especially not on this day."

She gave me a pout and slumped back on her seat.