The Photographer (Jessie Fleming x Reader)

REQUEST: If you don't mind could you please do an imagine where Jessie has a crush on the new photographer for the soccer team (either UCLA or Canada you pick) and gets really flustered around her and maybe zones out or keeps tripping over in practice while the reader all gets on camera but they find it extremely cute

I haven't been feeling the best mentally and emotionally. The Naya Rivera situation really bothering me. I really hope they find her.

I got out of my car and made sure that my equipment was all with me before going into the BMO field where the Canadian Women's National Team was training. I showed the guard my pass and gave him a smile as he let me in, nodding my head in acknowledgment.

I went up to the field and saw the coach, Kenneth Heiner-Møller, standing there with his hands behind his back. I approached him and he gave me a smile once he noticed that I was there.

"You must be the new photographer."

I looked down at my cameras and grinned.

"What gave it away?"

He chuckled and nodded while folding his arms.

"Touche, you could set your equipment up, the girls are still in the locker rooms. I'll introduce you to them before training starts."

I nodded and went to the middle of the field and put my AirPods in and shuffled my glee playlist. Music really helps me focus on what I'm doing so I make sure I always have my AirPods.

I assembled one of my cameras, putting in the huge lens and put it on the monopod, making sure that all the settings were just the way I want them too, making sure that the shutter speed was fast enough and that it was set in semi-manual mode before taking the other camera that I keep around my neck in case I want to be more hands-on with my shots... and maybe so I take some pictures of other things that I wanted to post on my Instagram.

I bobbed my head to Glee's version of "Valerie" by Amy Winehouse as I took pictures of the empty field, once I was satisfied, I tried shooting pictures using the camera that was on my neck, really getting into it as the chorus came, not noticing that the girls were there watching me.

(Jessie's POV)

Kailen and I were the first once at the field, my teammates trailing behind us. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a gorgeous woman on the field taking pictures while adorably bobbing her head to the music.

I watched as she concentrated on whatever she was doing and she looked so adorable doing it.

I was brought out of my trance when her head suddenly snapped in our direction and her eyes connected with mine. I felt my face heat up as she smiled at me making me look down at my feet.

"Does Baby Canada have a crush?"

My head snapped up and saw Desiree smirking at me, making me blush deeper. I cleared my throat and quickly shook my head.

"No, what are you saying? I don't even know the girl."

"Well, compose yourself cause Kenneth just called her over."

My head snapped at where the girl once was stood only to see that she's halfway to us making me internally panic.

She is much more beautiful up close what the fuck?

(Y/n's POV)

I stood in front of the girls with a grin on my face and they looked at me curiously.

"Guys this is Y/n, she's the new team photographer."

I gave them a wave.

"So I'm sorry if I'm all up your face with my camera, just doing my job ladies."

I watched as they chuckled and they introduced themselves.

"Why don't you come to team bonding with us after training?"

Desiree asked me with a smirk and glanced at Jessie who was looking flustered beside her.

I gave her a huge smile and nodded.

"Sure."

"OKAY LADIES!! WARM-UP!! You could talk to the new addition to our family later on."

And I took that as my sign to go back to where my camera stood and prepared to take pictures of the team as they trained. I made sure to resume my playlist before looking through the viewfinder as I started taking pictures.

(Third Person's POV)

All throughout training, Jessie couldn't help but constantly think about the new addition to their team. Either she's zoning out, staring at the (Y/h/c) woman or both.

The rest of the team noticed that their teammate wasn't herself and would constantly turn red especially when she looked at their new photographer. The girls looked at each other, giving knowing looks, as they watched Jessie stumble on her feet for the nth time today.

Y/n noticed this and chuckled at the adorable midfielder. She watched as Jessie blushed and looked around before dusting her pants and went back to keeping her eye on the ball, at least trying to. She's having a really hard time doing it.

They were now doing a short scrimmage and Y/n decided to reposition herself because the sun was ruining all her shots.

Jessie noticed this and stopped in her tracks as she watched the photographer come a little closer at the other side of the field, where she was, and she tried to find the right angle.

Jessie didn't notice Christine call out her name. She didn't notice the ball coming towards her.

Y/n watched as the ball hit Jessie directly at the back of her head making her gasp. She was about to put her equipment down to check on the Canadian midfielder but she saw that she was alright as she stood there, giving Christine a glare as her teammates laughed.

Y/n let out a giggle at the sight and Jessie heard it making her snap her head towards the direction of the photographer.

The photographer saw her flustered face so she decided to take a picture of Jessie, deciding to keep it for herself because she looked adorable.

The scrimmage continued with Jessie tripping some more and her teammates teasing her making her look like a tomato, which Y/n found super cute.

Once training was over, they all went to the side to drink water and Y/n decided to take pictures of them while they drank, so she got the camera that was strapped on her and started snapping shots. The girls noticed the photographer come closer to them so they started posing for her making her chuckle at the funny poses they were making.

Once Jessie heard those, she then decided that it was for sure her favorite sound in the world.

Y/n noticed the girl zoning out, so she decided to ask how the midfielder was doing especially after seeing the ball hit the back of her neck and trip a couple of times.

"Hey, you okay? You took a hard hit back there."

Jessie's face turned a deeper shade of red as she nodded her head.

"Yup. Thanks for the concern."

Y/n smirked at the flustered girl and gave her cheek a small pat.

"You're cute when you blush Fleming."

The girls watched Jessie stare at Y/n as she walked away with smirks on their faces. Once Jessie noticed the girls staring, she glared at them.

"Shut up."

"We're not saying anything."

Jessie rolled her eyes and stood up.

"I've gotta gay..." Her eyes grew wide when she noticed what came out of her mouth so she cleared her throat, pretending nothing happened. " ... go... I've gotta go."

Everyone watched as the midfielder sped walked to the locker room while the girls just chuckled at her.