Promoted (Lia Walti x Reader)

There are some people who requested something but didn't tell me a prompt so I kind of thought of just random prompts. Hope you guys don't mind. I'm also slowly writing the requests and I'm doing it randomly. I write the requests on a small piece of paper and it's in a box and I randomly pick from that box so if you requested something a while ago and I haven't written it, that's why lmao

Anyway, hope you enjoy this cliche prompt but it's a prompt that I love reading.

It was a normal Tuesday, with me stuck in a flat that I share with my best friend, editing the pictures from the shoot that I did a few days ago. The deadline for the pictures are tomorrow and me being the biggest procrastinator, I'm just editing it now. But I'm used to pulling an all nighter because of college, and honestly, I don't know if I should be thankful for that or not.

I was about to eat my 4th Big Mac when the door burst open and in came Lia, looking all sweaty.

"What the fuck happened to you? You look like you ran up a flight of stairs."

"It's because I did."

I looked at her questioningly while slowly taking a bite from the burger.

"From the lobby to the 10th floor?"

"Unlike you Y/n, I am actually fit." She eyed all of the McDonald's wrappers on the table.

I rolled my eyes and huffed. "I do not judge your lifestyle so I would appreciate it if you don't judge mine thank you very much. And by the way, they invented the elevator for a reason plus we pay for that shit, why not use it?" I said before shoving half the burger in my mouth causing the soccer player to grimace.

I went back to editing but I noticed her standing there, staring at me. I raised my eyebrow at her, making eye contact.

"What may I do for you today Ms. Walti?"

When I noticed the serious conflicted look on her face, I straightened my posture because it was is unlike her to be this serious.

Lia and I grew up together. Our parents all met back when they were in college and have been best friends ever since. We would spend the holidays together and occasionally go on family vacations and it also helped that we lived just a few streets away from each other. We lost contact when I went to college and she started her football career but when I graduated, I decided to move to London for my job and turns out, she just signed with Arsenal during that time so we just decided to move in together and share the rent. We're not usually home together anyway because we both travel for our jobs so this is one of the rare days where we are actually home together.

She sat on the chair in front of me. "Okay I don't know how you will react but I need a favor."

That really caught my attention. Lia never had asked me for favors..., okay maybe she has, like paying me to sneak into the adult table and stealing a bunch of candy when we were 7, but I could tell that this one was a big one, one that does not involve candy.

"What is it Walti, spit it out."

"Ineedyoutopretendtobemygirlfriend," She rushed out making me confused because of how fast she was speaking.

I rested my hand on her hand which caused her to stop and look at me. I gave her a comforting smile and rubbed my thumb on the back of her hand. "Just breath love, and tell me slowly."

She took a deep breath and nodded her head.

"Okay, I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend."

Okay... was never expecting that.

I just sat silently with my eyebrow raised, waiting for her to further explain the situation.