Don't Be A Fool (Megan Rapinoe x Reader)

Might make a part 2 for this. What do you guys think?

Ryan: You have offers from Arsenal and Manchester United. I went over their contracts and they both seem pretty great. Your call. Which one?

Me: Aren't there any offers in the NWSL?

Ryan: The 2 of these clubs will be a great opportunity for you to broaden your techniques. As your manager, I only want what is best for you. Plus you have always told me how you wanted to play overseas. These are great opportunities for you Y/n. For you to learn and grow as a player. And these 2 club teams would be able to help you be the greatest player in my opinion.

Y/n: Okay, let me think about it.

Ryan: You have 3 days to think about it then I would need your answer.

I read the text that my manager just sent me, over and over again. I sighed and covered my eyes as I laid on my bed, my mind drifting to a certain forward.

Fuck.

.

I scrolled through my social media as pictures of Megan and Sue started surfacing in social media. People shipping both of them together making my jealousy flare-up.

Megan and I kind of have a thing. We aren't official but we both know we like each other, but looking at her with Sue and with me possibly going overseas, I'm starting to realize that maybe it was the right thing.

I mean, Sue would always be able to be there for her, with them both living in Seattle, and I will be thousands of miles away. Heck, we won't even be in the same country. I'll be playing in a different league and we would barely be able to see each other.

I sighed and texted Pinoe, knowing what I would have to do.

.

I sat on the couch in her apartment as I watched her sit beside me.

"Hey is everything okay?"

I sat silently thinking of how I would be breaking the news to her.

"Y/n, you're scaring me."

I sighed and looked at her.

"I'm going to be playing overseas for the next season."

She held my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Oh... um... we'll call each other everyday and text each other, thank god for technology right? Then I will visit you during off-season an-"

I cut her rambling off making her look at me questioningly.

"Megan, you know it doesn't work that way."

"Y/n, what are you trying to say?"

"You've got my heart but I can't let you keep it, babe. Because I won't be sure that I can stay"

She covered my mouth, her eyes begging me to stop. I slowly held her hand and brought it down to our laps.

"I really like you babe and I wanna be there for you, but I know that we will be hurt if we keep on doing this. So I'm sorry to end this now but I know that it's for the best."

She shook her head as tears started running down her face.

"But I love you. I am willing to wait for however long for you. Please Y/n, don't do this."

I slowly cupped her cheeks and let her face me. I wiped the tears running down her face as I kissed her forehead.

"Please don't say you love me, cause I know that you'll eventually be able to find a woman who will stand by your side and be there for you. I know you will be able to find someone who will be all the things I can't be."

I watched as she closed her eyes and took deep breathes.

"Please don't be a fool. I don't want you to wait for me Pinoe. I want you to go out and just live your best life. Just promise me one thing. Don't forget me please."

I watched as she opened her eyes and nodded her head. I pulled her in for a soft kiss. The first and last time I would be able to taste her lips.