Nervous (Emily Sonnett x Reader)

(Emily's POV)

It's Sunday so it's our day off. Ali, Ash, and Alex decided that it would be a good time to show me around Orlando then we would be headed to the Dwyers for a barbecue with the team.

Once I entered the coffee shop where I would be meeting them, I looked around and saw that the wives were there. I approached them with a smile, in which I returned it then pulled them into a hug.

"So Alex is running late... again."

I chuckled and sat down in front of them.

"No worries, it's expected."

"We ordered your usual."

"Thanks."

I brought out my phone and started texting the group chat that I, Rose, Sam, Mal, and Lindsey have. I heard Ash's name being called so I put my phone away and helped her bring the drink to the table. We then got into a conversation about the team and the staff.

"Yeah, you're going to be meeting some of our favorite medical staff later on since we are friends with maybe 2 or 3 of them. You'll love them, their awesome."

I took a sip of my drink but almost choked when I saw a very attractive woman pass our table. I started coughing and Ali and Ash looked at me in concern.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

I shook my head as they gave me a napkin.

"Nothing, I'm okay. It just went down the wrong pipe."

I wiped my mouth with a napkin and took a deep breath as I started calming down. My eyes followed the woman picking up her drink from the counter. She turned around and we locked eyes. Hey, eyes are so mesmerizing I can't look away.

I noticed her approaching our table which caused me to internally panic. Once she was beside our table, she looked at the couple in front of me and smiled.

"Hey Ali, hey Ash. Nice seeing you here."

The couple looked at the goddess and let out an excited scream.

"Oh my gosh y/n, you're finally back from your leave."

She chuckled and nodded. Oh my gosh, can she get more attractive?

"It was nice to go back home and visit some family but I missed you girls." She looked at her watch and panic rose from her eyes.

"I need to go, they need to be back at the office in 10 minutes, I need to sort out your files, but it was nice seeing you guys. You'll be at Sydney's later on for the barbecue right?"

"Yeah, we'll be there. See you later Y/l/n."

She faced me and sent me a smile before turning around and I think I am about to faint.

"Hey, Alex... Bye Alex."

I was too busy staring at the woman that I didn't notice Alex sit beside me. She stared at me weirdly while waving her hand in front of my face.

"What the hell happened to this one?"

Ash and Ali sent me a smirk.

"I think someone has a crush."

I quickly snapped out of it and quickly looked at them.

"Who was that?"

"She's Y/n, one of the medical staff that we were talking about. She's by far our favorite out of all of the staff."

I nodded and looked down as I played with the half-empty cup in front of me.

Y/n huh? It suits her.