Memories (Jessica McDonald x Reader)

I entered the dark house and looked around, taking everything in. I let my hand graze up on the couch and I couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle as I remember all the time we spent here as a family.

I continued walking and stopped in front of a flight of stairs. I slowly and reluctantly walked up the stair and walking inside the first room on the left.

It was Jeremiah's room. The posters and medals that used to be hung up on his wall now gone and the room was empty.

I moved further down the hall into what used to be our bedroom. The plain white walls giving off a chilling vibe as the room looked lifeless. I walked to the middle of the room and picked up one of the boxes.

I looked at the label and it said 'photo album'. I hesitantly opened it and the memories started coming in.

When I wake up to your footsteps
As you get up out of bed
They make a sound that sounds so simple
But dances in my head
A melody so perfect
That it gets me through the day
And the thought of us forever
Is one that won't ever go away

"Babe, trust me. He's going to love you."

I held my girlfriend's hand to comfort her as she started fidgeting with it. I gave her a reassuring smile and I watched her relax and intertwined our fingers.

"I know, but he's your son. If he doesn't approve of me, we're done and I don't want that."

I chuckled and nodded.

"That's true. But that won't happen cause I know he'll love you almost just as much as I love you. Almost because no one can love you the way I love you."

She chuckled and gave me a peck on the lips. We stared at each other but a scream caught our attention.

"MAMA!!"

We turned around and saw my son running towards me. I kneeled down and smiled as I pulled him in a hug.

"Jeremiah, I want you to meet someone."

I turned to my girlfriend who was looking at us with a smile.

"Jerem, this is mommy's girlfriend, Y/n."

We watched as my son slowly walked towards her while studying her. My girlfriend kneeled down to his height and smiled.

"Hello Jeremiah, my name is Y/n."

She brought out her hand for a handshake and my son stared at it for a while, before connecting it with his.

"Hello."

All I need to know is
Where to stop
Take my hand and show me forever
So never will I ever let you go

"... will you marry me?"

I looked at her shocked before nodding my head.

"Yes, a thousand times yes."

So let's hold on together
To this paper and this pen
And write down every letter
To every word we've ever said

To the love of my life,

I can't wait to marry you tomorrow. I can't wait to be your wife and be another mother to Jeremiah. I promise that I will do everything to make the 2 of you happy. You and your son have been the best thing to ever happen to me. I love you to the moon and back beautiful.

-Y/n xoxo

All I need to know is
Where to stop
Take my hand and show me forever
So never will I ever let you go