The Dawn of Eve- Part 2 (USWNT X Reader)

The girls gently put Emily's body on a long cloth that was in Alex's luggage and carried her body to a spot a few hundred feet away from their camp. They dug a deep enough grave and gently placed her there.

They gathered around the grave, all their eyes trailed at the corpse in front of them.

"I don't understand why we have to bury her."

Everyone looked at Julie like she was crazy. Y/n scoffed and shook her head. "It's to show respect to her Johnston."

Before the blonde could clap back, Ashlyn decided to butt in. "It's only temporary. Just to keep the animals away."

Everyone cringed at the thought of a possibility of a wild animal lurking in the forest behind them.

"Shouldn't somebody say a few words?" Everyone looked at Jaelene who looked at them unsure.

Megan looked at the girl and nodded her head. "Sounds like your volunteering."

Jaelene gave them a huge smile and nodded her head. "I am an ordained youth minister." She looked around, expecting to get an enthusiastic response back but she was instead met with confused, and bored looks, not at all surprised that the girl was an ordained youth minister. They instead waited for the girl to start speaking so they could finally put Emily to rest and they could go back to the campfire because they were all freezing. Hinkle cleared her throat and bowed her head, everyone following behind her. "Lord, thank you for the gift of Emily. We didn't know her really well but she had a really bright spirit and because she was made in your image, we can be sure that she was beautiful. Amen."

Everyone muttered a soft 'Amen' back and let the silence some over them until Megan started to sing, suddenly remembering the ringtone of the girl earlier this morning. "Right right, turn off the lights, We gonna lose our minds tonight, What's the dealio?" Everyone looked at the pink-haired woman confused. She looked up and shrugged. "I think she liked Pink."

Christen and Kelley nodded, Cristen because they were teammates and Kelley because she was paired up with Emily back at the plane and she was unusually enthusiastically open about her love for the singer. "Yeah, uh...S-she did."

"Party crasher," Ashlyn decided to start singing again, this time leading the song

Then Christen joined, "Panty snatcher"

They looked at Tobin who continued. "Call me up if you a gangsta"

"Don't be fancy, just get dancy..." Y/n continued, connecting her hands with Kelley and Rose who stood beside her. "Why so serious?"

By this time, everyone knelt down to start covering up Emily's body while they sang the rest of the song. "So raise your glass if you are wrong, in all the right ways. All my underdogs, we will never be never be, anything but loud, And nitty-gritty, dirty little freaks...." They added a small 'E' on the grave and it was made out of rocks and a small yellow flower they found at the corner.

They looked at each other, giving each other sad smiles before making their way back to their camp. Y/N made sure that she was at arms reach with Kelley and Emily, guiding O'Hara because of the sprain on her ankle.

They sat quietly around the bonfire as they stared at the fire. Y/N was a little more far away from the group, choosing to kind of be alone to process everything that has happened to them that day and observed the women she is now stuck with.

From 25 they are now down to 24, and she hopes that they stay 24.

Carli, who was doing planks at the corner, suddenly spoke up. "I'm gonna swim out to the plane tomorrow. See if I could find anything, there might be a radio or call box or something."