Perfect (Mallory Pugh x Reader)

A/n: This was my ex-girlfriend and I's "theme song" so this song leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth but it is still a very iconic song so I decided to squeeze it in there LMAO enjoy 🤘

I stared from across the room as my girlfriend animatedly told stories to Sonny, Sammy, and Rose. She looked adorable as her arms flared around as she tried to explain the conspiracy theory we watched last night about aliens.

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in
And follow my lead

She looked back at me and sent me a huge smile making my smile widen as I walked towards them.

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, love."

I have her lips a quick peck before turning my attention to our teammates who were gagging at the both of us making me laugh and for Mal to roll her eyes.

"You guys are just jealous."

She stuck her tongue out making them return it. I smiled at her as I studied her angelic face.

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

How could I be so lucky to have her in my life? What did I do in my past life to deserve an angel like her in my life?

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as I pulled her closer to me. Just feeling her warmth gives a big sense of comfort in me that I couldn't explain. She feels like home... She is my home.

As we stood there I couldn't help but think back to when we first met. It was during middle school during the 7th grade. I was new and we didn't necessarily hit it off instantly but we somehow got closer over time.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time

"Heyyy, my name is Mallory, but you could call me Mal. I heard you were a part of the soccer team so I just thought I would come by to say hi. What's your name?"

I stared at the smaller girl in front of me with a blank expression on my face, making her huge smile deflate a little. It made me sad to see that a huge smile on her face disappear a little but I tried not to show it.

I hate it here, I did not choose to move far away from home, so I'm not even going to try and make friends in this dump. Once I'm in high school, I'm getting out of here.

I watched as the smaller girl sat down beside me and start swinging her feet back and forth making me sigh in annoyance.

"What are you doing here? Can't you see I just wanna be alone."

She looked at me with sadness in her eyes but you could see the hint of curiosity.

"But nobody likes to be alone, and nobody deserves to be alone. That's just sad."

"Well maybe I am sad, so I want to be alone, just get with it."

I turned my back away from her, expecting her to leave but she didn't.

"Well I wanna be your friend, so no matter what you say I am staying here and you can't do anything about it "

I sighed and looked at the girl beside me, slowly giving in.

"Fine, but don't be too loud, if you get too annoying I won't hesitate to leave you."

She nodded her head furiously making me try and hide my smile. We sat there in silence, just staring at the field before I decided to break the silence.