First Day

TW:
parental fighting and domestic abuse

Fuyuhikos POV

I jolted awake to the sound screaming and yelling in my house. I panicked, looking around for my earbuds and phone. I plugged my headphones into my phone and started playing music at max volume. This wasn't something out of the ordinary for me. I'm used to the frequent fighting in this damned yakuza household. Soon enough I fell back into a deep slumber when Clair De Lune came on.

-time skip-

*RING RINGGGG*

My alarm rung loudly, making me jump. Today was the first day of school at my new school, Hopes Peak Academy where you are supposedly set for life. I didn't believe such bullshit, but that's besides the point. I slammed my fist onto the clock and rose up in my bed.

Knock knock

I heard a knocking at my door and asked a simple "who is it?"
Peko came into my room and handed me our uniform.

"It came in the mail this morning, young master." She stated stiffly.
"Peko I told you to stop calling me that, especially at school." I sighed. Peko was also going to Hopes Peak with me. She bowed at me and handed me my uniform.

It was a normal button down white shirt with a red tie and brown slacks and blazer. I looked at it sadly and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Peko questioned. I shrugged her off and got up. I walked over to the bathroom and changed into my new uniform. Even though I'm the ultimate yakuza, I still get nervous sometimes. This was one of the cases I was nervous as hell. A new school full of extremely talented people. Who knows if I'll even come close to being as cool as my classmates. I finished changing and walked out to meet Peko, who was already changed and waiting for me. The two of us walked to Hopes Peak together.

Kazuichis POV

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking. My stomach stung as I remembered the events of last night. Right, I got in trouble for, for- I put my head in my hands out of shame. I soon got off of the floor and grabbed my uniform. At least maybe I'll be able to make a better life for myself at Hopes Peak. I sighed and stared at myself in the mirror. I saw my dark eye bags, my disheveled hair, and worst of all, a bruise on my upper lip. Looked down at my hands, tears falling onto them. No Kazuichi, get it together! This isn't the time to be crying! I looked back up at myself, a stern look of determination on my face. I slipped into my uniform and ran out the door, making sure not to alert the monster that is my dad. Finally, maybe life will get better.

Fuyuhiko POV

I arrived to class a few minutes after Peko, so we didn't seem suspicious. As I took my seat the late bell rang, signaling that whoever came in after that bell would be counted as late. I looked around my classroom and saw a lot of different sorts of people from a short blond girl with her hair in a banana like ponytail to a huge muscular guy with a chain necklace. I felt intimidated, even though I shouldn't be. I'm a yakuza dammit! The teacher started talking about expectations and such when a guy with long pink hair ran into the room.

"Sorry I'm late, I missed the bus here haha," he laughed, scratching the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes realizing no one seemed to give a damn about going to class. I mean seriously, late on the first day?? He walked over towards me and took the seat next to mine. I sighed and looked back at the teacher.

"Well, that was unexpected! Anyways, I want you all to come up here and give your name and talent!" She stated, motioning to the front of the room.
After a few people, I finally got called to go up.

"Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu. Ultimate yakuza," I said blandly. I heard a snicker in the back and saw that same banana haired girl laughing at me.

"THIS SHORTIE IS A YAKUZA HA HAAA!" She laughed, pointing at me. I looked straight at her and gave her a death stare, shutting her up. I walked back to my seat and watched everyone else say who they were. I tuned out until she called the guy next to me. The pink haired boy got up and walked up to the front of the class, a slight limp in his step.

"I'm Kazuichi Souda!! I'm the ultimate mechanic!" He stated loud and proud. Everyone clapped and he sat back down. I couldn't keep my eyes off of that obnoxious pink hair. After he sat down I tuned back out of the class until the bell rang.

Kazuichis POV

I walked back to my seat, hoping no one noticed the limp I had. Damn that old man really did a number on me last night, I thought to myself. I sat down and noticed out of the corner of my eye the blondie next to me watching me. Shit, I think he noticed! I mean, he is a yakuza. I stared at the teacher and started to get drowsy. I didn't get much sleep last night for... personal reasons. Soon I felt my head slam on my desk.

Third person POV

BANG!

A loud noise came from Kazuichi's desk. Fuyuhiko didn't move a muscle and just stared at the boy.

"Ah, I guess he fell asleep!" The teacher smiled, "that's alright, I guess."

Ibuki Mioda, another girl in the class with multicolored hair and lil horns on her head, flinched and looked towards the sleeping boy.

"MISSSS I THINK HE'S OUT COLD!" She exclaimed, raising her hand. The teacher looked at her and sighed.

"It's fine Mioda," she said, bringing her attention back to the board. Ibuki didn't care, she keep poking and poking the sleeping boy. Kazuichi still didn't budge. Soon enough, Ibuki lost interest and brought her attention back to the teacher who was explaining something.

Fuyuhikos POV

I glanced over at Ibuki who finally stopped messing with this guy in between us. I stared at him curiously and seemed to be lost in thought. Just what was up with this bastard? Soon enough, Kazuichi shifted in his sleep, which alerted me to stop staring at him and pay attention to the teacher.

Tap tap.

I felt a slight tapping on my shoulder. I turned around and faced Peko, who looked worried.

"Are you ok, Youn- I mean, Fuyuhiko?" She asked me. I nodded at her and turned back around. I soon felt another tap on my shoulder, causing me to turn around again. Peko looked at me blankly and handed me a note. I grabbed the note and read it.

I noticed you staring at the guy next to you. He seems to me out cold and has a limp. I'm sure you noticed the limp as well. Do you think he's a threat to the clan?
Signed, Peko Pekoyama

I reread the note and thought about my response. I grabbed my pencil and scribbled down a quick answer.

No, he doesn't seem to be a threat. His obnoxious hair and entrance just interested me, I guess. Nothing to worry about.
Signed, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu

I turned around quickly and handed her the note. She seemingly read it quickly and shoved it in her bag. I turned my attention back to the teacher until the bell rang.