CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE - MY HOME

Beginne am Anfang

"Now isn't the time," Hope snaps suddenly and everyone looks at him. "We need revenge and before I fucking snap. Yoongi is still out there. He needs to pay."

Jeongguk, Namjoon and Seokjin all send each other curious looks. Hoseok has been basically nonexistent, trying to battle the fact that Yoongi is responsible for invading their hideout. However he's clearly changed his mind and is now just as - if not even more - antsy than Starling is.

"Soon, Hope. We just need to clarify some things before we initiate and ambush. Most of our equipment is gone so we won't be able to communicate with each other. Which means we must stay close to one another. We must to do this immaculately, otherwise things can turn South in seconds. They most likely have more men than we do and more guns. Ideally, try striking without much noise. Whether you have to use a knife or choke them out. Quietly," Namjoon advises and while he does, Seokjin watches him unsettlingly from the corner of the room.

Jeongguk nods his head, always more than willing to listen to Namjoon's advice. For a man who's usually at base and solely making decisions based off of the wellbeing of the group, he's glad to have someone as levelheaded with them on the floor.

"Hope, Gguk, you know where their hideout is located. We'll follow you while you lead the way, okay? We'll go once it's dark out - when we're less detectable. The odds of us being found are at their lowest," he adds and both Jeongguk and Hoseok nod their heads in agreement, the other mafia members doing just the same.

"Okay, then it's settled. We move out at night. You're all dismissed," Starling says and the men disperse.

Jeongguk sighs quietly and runs a hand through his hair, watching as Seokjin approaches Namjoon and pulls him to the side. Clearly distressed, he talks to him animatedly and the consigliere seemingly tries to put him at ease.

The mafia leader decides to leave them alone and exits the meeting room, making his way to the bedroom. He pulls the door open and finds that Jimin isn't there. And rather the bathroom light is on.

And so he makes his way into the bathroom, quietly peaking around the corner.

Jimin is sitting in the water, back facing Jeongguk. His legs are pulled up against his chest and his chin is resting on his knees. Starling quietly pulls up beside the bathtub and places his hand flatly on the teenager's back, ears catching a very delicate gasp.

"Is everything alright, little one?" Jeongguk asks and Jimin doesn't say anything. He remains still.

Jeongguk curls his lips in thought. He then begins to take his clothes off considering there's time before night strikes and slowly slips in behind him, staring at the back of his fluffy head of hair.

The mafia leader draws circles into the boy's back and watches as his muscles shift.

"You can talk to me, Jimin. You know you can," Jeongguk speaks up and Jimin pulls on his bottom lip, still facing away from the man. Placidly, he leans into his chest and immediately feels arms wrap around his middle.

"I know I can," Jimin replies and lays his head against Jeongguk's shoulder. He pulls one of the man's arms free and begins to play with his fingers while staring at them. "I just don't want to get in your way. I overheard and I know you're leaving again. I want you to get justice. I want you to figure out who killed your mother-"

"Hey," Jeongguk says, interrupting the boy. "There's no such thing as you getting in my way. You're right where you need to be, okay? In my arms and no one else's."

Jimin smiles softly to himself and before he knows it, benign, gentle kisses are being pressed to the side of his neck. His eyes fall closed and Jeongguk's arms wrap tighter around his body.

"Gguk," Jimin breathes softly, curling his bottom lip in. He bites down on it hard and whimpers quietly as soon as he feels a tongue lapping at his neck. "It's too soon."

Jeongguk presses one last kiss to Jimin's neck and pulls away. "Fuck, baby, I know. But you're irresistible," the man states lowly in all his honesty and Jimin turns around slowly, looking into the man's imploring eyes.

"...If you want me, you're gonna have to get me first," Jimin replies slyly with a teasing smile and Jeongguk's eyes darken.

The teenager hops out of the bathtub and wraps a towel around himself, slowly leaving the bathroom. He's beneath the doorframe as Jeongguk jolts out after him and the teenager runs.

But he doesn't make it very far seeing as he's grabbed and placed onto the bed, giggling uncontrollably as Jeongguk peppers kisses all over his face, holding his sides lovingly.

"G-Gguk, stop, please! It tickles!" he yells out desperately with contagious giggles and eventually Jeongguk pulls his hands away, placing them beside the boy's head while smiling and looking into his eyes.

Jimin is panting softly, being pulled in by the mafia leader's brown gaze. He can feel his beating heart slow as Starling massages his hip tenderly.

"The things I would do to you if I didn't have to go, tonight, little one," Jeongguk says and Jimin blushes a pretty pink.

"We're both naked. We have time, right?" the teenager brings up playfully and squeaks happily as soon as Jeongguk dives into his neck, placing chaste, ticklish kisses in every spot.

He wraps his arms around the mafia leader's back and pulls him closer. Soon the gentle kisses turn into gentle sucking and the teenager's eyes fall closed.

"Jeongguk," Jimin breathes out and the man peers up at him.

"Hm?" he hums in response.

"I..." the boy starts but can't seem to proceed any further. He bites down on his bottom lip and immediately Jeongguk knows that something is wrong. He brushes Jimin's hair behind his ear.

"What's wrong?" he asks and the teenager sits up, leaning against the headboard. He peers down into his lap and toys with his fingers.

"I don't know how to say this... I don't know if I should. I'm scared that if I say it, something bad will happen," he brings up with clear confliction.

Jeongguk bites down on his cheek. He sits adjacent to Jimin and pulls some of the covers over himself. He's still close enough to Jimin that he can touch him and does just that, cupping his cheek. The boy leans into it.

"Say what?" he asks and Jimin looks into his eyes rather shyly.

"...I think I... love you, Star," he mutters quietly and Jeongguk's brows come to a soft furrow. He pulls his hand away from Jimin's cheek slowly and drops it into his own lap, looking down.

Jimin chews on his lower lip. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. Maybe it's too soon," he apologizes.

Jeongguk shakes his head. "It's okay, little one. It's just that... last time I fell in love..." he trails off and Jimin can sense the clear hurt in his quivering tone of voice.

"Hey," Jimin says and cups Jeongguk's cheeks with his hands. "Look at me." And the man does. "You don't have to say anything. I don't know the exact pain you feel when you talk about him but you don't have to say anything. I understand what it means to lose somebody you love, okay?"

Jeongguk nods his head slowly, pulling Jimin's hands off of his face, holding them. He brushes his knuckles tenderly. "You're too good for me," the man says and the teenager makes a small sound of disapproval.

"That's not true. When I look at you... I don't know exactly what it is, but I feel like I'm home. I know it sounds cheesy and I know you may think I'm crazy, but it's the truth. I'm glad I did what I did. I'm glad I swallowed that stupid piece of plastic. I'm glad I have you," he says and can feel his cheeks heat up. He's never been this sappy before.

Jeongguk smiles softly and leans in, placing a kiss against Jimin's full lips. The teenager hums contentedly and their foreheads press together.

"I'm glad I have you, too, little one. My home."