Uncle Ed Saves The Day

Request for something with Ed Sheeran :)

______

One January morning, Taylor had asked Grace if she wouldn't mind them hosting Ed and his wife Cherry for dinner. It had been a while since she'd seen Ed and she was hoping to ask him for help on a song afterwards.

The kids were told not to be crazy, the five older ones were born, the twins at three, Liam at five, Maddie at seven and Alyssa at nine.

Grace had spent the morning getting the house ready, figuring out the perfect dishes to make and dressing the children in some clothes a little nicer just before the couple arrived. They weren't trying to impress Ed in any sorts, but they still liked to look presentable.

Taylor assumed it had to do with Grace's childhood, her burning need to make everything look perfect. She didn't dare say that out loud.

That would get her a while sleeping on the couch.

About fifteen minutes before Ed and Cherry were supposed to arrive, Taylor came home with Liam after picking him up from karate. He had a lot of energy and they found that he burned a lot of it there and enjoyed it too. The twins had to wait another year before they could try it.

Greg trailed in behind the two and closed the front door of the London home. He made himself scare quickly, as he and Parker usually did. Greg was close to retiring, he would actually only be with them a few more weeks.

"Hey, Stitch," Grace smiled at him, he kept on walking and went up the stairs and to his room without so much as a second glance.

Taylor sighed, "Shoot, I was really hoping that would work. He hasn't said a word to me, I went inside and he was crying and sitting apart from the other kids. I asked the instructor and he shrugged, and all I got a was big hug and then the silent treatment."

The brunette furrowed her eyebrows and frowned slightly, "Well... I don't think he's mad at you if he hugged you. Maybe he's mad at me? I was supposed to pick him up but you went instead."

"No, he was already upset when I went inside. He didn't even notice I was there until I went to actually go talk to him so it's not that."

"I wonder if one of the kids said something."

Taylor nodded, "That's probably what it was, I'll give him some cool down time and then see if he wants to talk about it before dinner."

So eventually, Ed and Cherry arrived after Taylor had tried to coax Liam out of his room. He wouldn't budge, burying his face in his pillow so tightly that Taylor wouldn't have known he was crying if his back wasn't showing signs of strange breathing.

"Hi," Taylor smiled at Ed as she hugged both guests, "Come on in, make yourselves at home."

"Uncle Ed!" Madeline yelled, coming down the hallway and putting the singer in a hug before he could even take his hat off.

Ed smiled, "How's it going, Madeline?"

"It's good! I turned seven now, so I'm all big," Madeline grinned at him, her birthday was three months before but... okay.

"That's awesome," Cherry said as she got her hug from Madeline, "Where's your other Mommy?"

"She's trying to get Liam out of his room," Taylor said softly, "He came back from karate and wouldn't talk to either of us."

"Can I try talking to him?" Ed asked without hesitation, "He's my godson, right? Can I give it a try?"

Taylor didn't know if he was being serious but replied, "If you want to, yeah. You know where his room is, right? Sorry, I left the twins and Alyssa alone with crayons and sometimes I get worried someone is going to get a crayon to the eye."