Taylor's Sick

October 13, 2015 - Tribeca, New York

Taylor was on a short break of the 1989 tour long after Grace had joined her on the road. Grace hadn't moved in yet but she might as well have, not having been to her apartment since joining Taylor on tour.

Taylor had a few meetings in the morning and met with a couple friends for a late lunch, not returning home until about six that evening where she closed the door behind her and sighed.

She had started feeling sick during her meetings but powered through it, just barely making it through lunch without cancelling. By the time they had finished shopping, Taylor hadn't even bought anything, she was so out of it.

"Tay?" Grace asked as she turned the corner and smiled at her girlfriend, "How was seeing— oh, baby, you don't look so good."

Taylor nodded, "I feel really sick."

Grace wrapped Taylor in a quick hug before feeling her forehead, "We should get you changed and into bed, you're a little warm but you're mostly pale. Does your stomach hurt or your throat or anything?"

"Yes," Taylor said, not even having the energy to explain further. Her stomach hurt badly, her throat hurt on and off and she felt like she could burst into tears any second.

Grace simply hummed and helped Taylor up the stairs, laying her down in bed with the fan pointed on low towards her for some air circulation. She went into the closet and grabbed a change of clothes, along with the thermometer and medicine from the bathroom.

She had enough time to familiarize herself with Taylor's apartment since they started dating.

"Here, baby," Grace said, handing over a comfy t-shirt instead of Taylor's sweater. She went to the washroom again so Taylor could change in private while grabbing a face cloth and wetting it with cold water.

"Babe?" Taylor called, "Are you coming back?"

Grace walked out of the en-suite and nodded, "I just wanted to get this so you can cool off a little." She held the cloth up for Taylor to see, sitting down next to her on the bed and dabbing it over her forehead.

She popped the thermometer into her girlfriends mouth and waited, tracing small circles on her shoulder to distract in the meantime.

It beeped one long, awful, high-pitched sound; a reminder that you were sick and miserable. Taylor pulled it out of her mouth and glanced at it before sighing and handing it over.

"I figured," Grace said quietly, putting it on the table, "It's not too bad but you need to rest for a while. Are you comfortable?"

"Can I have the medicine?"

"Mhmm," the brunette answered, getting and undoing the cap before handing Taylor two pills, retrieving a cup of water and passing it along.

"Thank you," the singer said to her girlfriend, swallowing harshly and returning to her position laying on her back.

"I've never seen you sick before, what do you want me to do? Do you like your stomach rubbed or quiet or what?"

Taylor just nodded, Grace taking that was a 'whatever you're going to do, just please don't leave me alone', and she was right. All Taylor wanted was Grace's company because she hated being sick and it made it a little better, plus, having someone else around made it easier to rest and feel alright.

Grace laid down on the bed and ran her finger's through Taylor's tousled blonde locks. They were short and straight and stuck to her skin a tad, mostly around her forehead.

"I don't want you to get sick."

Grace smiled weakly and shook her head, "It's okay, if I'm getting sick then I'm getting sick. I've been with you for months and I'm pretty sure we traded our fair share of germs this morning already."