Come Home

March 27, 2032 - London, England

Taylor had been in Los Angeles for a music video shoot all week, leaving Grace home with all six kids in London.

As much help as Karlie had been for a couple days, she also brought Landon and Avery with her, which meant it was eight kids to the two adults.

There was also their six cats, and the fish tank, and somehow Liam had conned them into a puppy a few months before so the house was even more chaotic than normal.

Grace was losing her mind, a constant yelling of "Mom!" and other assorted screams keeping her busy all day. James was just barely a year old and she had thought she'd be fine with them alone all week but she was wrong.

One night, after a miserable day where Alyssa even agreed too much had gone wrong, Grace broke down and called Taylor, despite knowing she might be on set as it was only one in Los Angeles and nine in London.

She hadn't put Alyssa or Madeline to bed yet, just the eight and under kids. Sitting on the hardwood floor of their bedroom with her back pressed to the foot of the bed and her knees to her chest, Grace was in tears as Taylor answered the phone.

"Hi, baby," Taylor answered cheerily, "You going to bed already?"

"No, I- I can't do this by myself," Grace cried, the sound of Taylor's voice bringing her even more down as she missed her.

"What's going on?" Taylor was immediately concerned, going into her dressing room for some privacy.

"Liam's dog keeps shitting on the floor and Nate is coming down with a cold. Nicky decided it would be a great idea to draw on the wall today. Alyssa's in a mood again and Madeline is still sick. James is just James and I can't do it all, they're all going to get this stupid cold and they're all grumpy and I feel like I'm losing my mind."

There was a pause, Taylor trying to figure out what she could do, "You need me to come home early or do you just need to vent for a while? I can do either, Grace. You know all you have to do it say the words and I'll be home in the morning. That's always been our deal."

"You have two days left," Grace said softly, "I don't want you to have to go all the way back."

"I don't want you to suffer, though," Taylor replied just as softly, "I will come home if you need me to. I made you that promise twelve years ago and I'm not taking it back now."

"I can't ask you to do that."

"I'm coming home then."

"Tay-"

Taylor interrupted her, "No. You need me to come home and you don't want to say it. Come on, I know you by now, honey. I'll call to get the plane ready and be there tomorrow, it's fifteen hours with the time change so I'll be there around noon."

"I love you," was all Grace could muster, a sigh of relief falling from her lips as she heard Taylor say she would be there as soon as she could.

"I love you too," Taylor replied, "And I know you're having a rough day and I'm sorry I'm not there to help, sweetheart. What do you still have to do before bed?"

"Uh- I have to get 'Lyss and Maddie to bed and take out the dog. Feed the cats, call my mom too. Put the dishes in the dishwasher and start a load of laundry."

"Okay, forget about the dishes and laundry, I'll do it tomorrow. Just get the girls to bed and call me before you go to sleep, okay? I'm going to figure out this whole set thing in the meantime."

"Alright," Grace answered, "Thank you. I think if they weren't getting sick I could manage but I really appreciate you coming home early."

"I know, I'll talk to you soon. Love you."