Vacation

In which the entire family goes to Hawaii and everything is fifty times worse than it is at home.

Just for reference, the kids ages are roughly as follows;

Landon - 15
Alyssa - 13
Maddie and Avery - 11
Liam - 9
Nathaniel and Nicholas - 6
James and Oliver - 2

And for even more fun, Taylor is 43 and Grace is 40. I can't ever imagine killing off Scott, Andrea, Jennifer or John so let's just imagine they wouldn't be super old haha.

-

December 20, 2032

In an effort to create a fun family trip, Andrea and Jennifer, in their god-awful grandparents group chat, suggested that Taylor and Grace take everyone to Hawaii for Christmas.

They were spending the entire week in the tropical state, both sides of the family. Which including Karlie and Will, their two kids Landon and Avery as well as Austin and his wife Samantha, who had a two-year old named Oliver, was a grand total of nineteen people.

Everything went really well the first night considering the kids were so jet lagged, the moment they got into the vacation rental they went upstairs and fell asleep, a couple of them just following another into a room and crashing, not bothering to find their own bed.

The first morning in Hawaii was a little more chaotic than they would have liked, but tolerable in a sense.

"If your last name starts with a 's', I need you to come here and get your breakfast!" Grace yelled through the house, hoping her kids would come in and collect their plates.

In addition to the kids, Austin, Scott and Taylor came too.

"No," Grace laughed, shaking her head, "Adult breakfast isn't ready, go sit down again. Unless you want to eat Mickey Mouse shaped waffles?"

"Sounds good to me," Austin shrugged, stabbing one and putting it on his plate along with a few pieces of fruit.

"Thanks," Taylor smiled, kissing Grace's cheek as she helped herself to one as well.

Grace rolled her eyes, "Alyssa isn't even eating this."

"Yes, Alyssa's much more mature than all of us," Taylor replied sarcastically, "Leave me alone, I'm on vacation."

"Mom," Liam walked into the kitchen, "Can I go surfing with Uncle Will and Landon?"

"Ask Mama," Grace mumbled, trying to get a plate ready for James who was sitting patiently on the floor, crashing two trucks together.

"Mama?"

"Uh- No, Nathan! You can't have chocolate syrup on your breakfast. Ask Grandpa, Li."

"What?" Liam sighed, "Grandpa?"

"Ask your mothers," Scott answered, taking over the bacon and eggs for Grace.

"I'll ask Aunt Karlie," Liam grumbled, not even bothering with breakfast as he wandered back to the living room.

Once the majority of the kids had food, Grace called in the others, followed by the adults. The house was busy, nineteen people took up a lot of space and energy.

"Okay, we have ten adults and nine kids," Taylor began to strategize, "Theoretically... you only need one person to watch them but that's cruel. The good news is, everyone walks and talks and uses the toilet so I propose that we take shifts. Four adults with all nine kids. Everyone takes their own at night but it gives everyone some time to get away and enjoy the beaches and stuff without the gremlins. And for the grandparents, you do it because you love us."