Taylor's Birthday

December 13, 2019 - New York City

"Happy birthday!" Grace said to Taylor once again just as they pulled up at Oscar Wilde Restaurant for the party following the Jingle Ball.

"Thank you, honey," Taylor smiled sweetly at Grace, leaning over in the backseat of the SUV and kissing her softly.

"How many people are coming to this again?" Grace asked, not as nervous to see Taylor's friends as she had been in previous years but the thought lingered.

"Quite a few. You have no obligation to treat this like a social event, okay? If you're tired or overwhelmed or anything just let me know and we can figure something out."

"Are you finally going to tell them that we have a baby?"

"Probably."

Grace sighed, "We're going to get a million questions about her all night."

Fast forward to when Blake and Ryan offered to go with Grace to get another beer while Taylor was taking pictures and the brunette said, "Oh my god, I would love to but I shouldn't. I have a baby at home to take care of!"

"Taylor's thirty!" Ryan yelled, slightly tipsy.

"No, like a real one! Like I had a baby six months ago and she's with Taylor's mom right now," Grace laughed, pulling out her phone and showing the couple a picture of Alyssa.

"Seriously?! What is it with you two and the secrets?" Blake asked with a tone of disbelief.

"It wasn't really a secret, no one has asked."

Blake rolled her eyes, "That's because normal people announce that kind of thing."

Grace smiled as Taylor's arms wrapped her up from behind. It was calming, she could tell it was Taylor the second finger's made contact with her back before sliding forward around her waist.

"Hey," Taylor said softly in the brunette's ear over the music, "Are you alright?"

"I'm good," Grace said, "Are you?"

"I'm having a great time, this is really nice—"

"You didn't tell us that you had a baby!" Blake scolded Taylor, gently swatting her arm.

Taylor pulled away from Grace and just left one arm around her waist while she stood next to her, "It never came up," she shrugged.

"Mrs. and Mrs. Swift," a voice called from behind them, "There is a woman at the door with a screaming child saying she is your mother."

Grace instantly went into 'Mom mode', as Taylor called it, "Thank you."

She walked past the waiter and out to the front where she found Andrea holding Alyssa, all bundled up in her snowsuit and blankets.

"She won't stop crying no matter what I do and I can't find the blanket you use to get her to sleep," Andrea apologized as she handed the six-month-old off to her mother.

"It's okay," Grace gave a watery smile, "Hi, baby. You don't want to sleep, huh? Oh you just missed Mommy's smell, I think. That's okay, you can come party with us inside. It's pretty loud though, lots of talking."

Grace brought her mother-in-law and daughter both in, taking off Alyssa's red, puffy snowsuit but leaving the blanket around her to keep her warm as they walked around.

It was just a minute before Taylor found them, "Oh no! Why is the baby actually here?"

"She missed us," Grace answered, showing Alyssa Taylor, instantly earning a smile.