Preparing

As Weiss wakes, she can see her little girl snuggled against her peacefully sleeping. Hope's wings covering both of them like small soft blankets inside the sleeping bag. In Hope's hair the Twins sleep as well. They had to sleep in the ballroom with all of the other students so this was the best Weiss could do for now. Carefully Weiss gets up trying not to wake her daughter, and gently closes the sleeping bag back up. Upon that Weiss grabs her combat uniform and heads to the locker room to change real quick.

Forgetting to do her hair she walks out fully dressed. Once she returns to Hope, Weiss can see her peaceful face, Though the peace is disturbed.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY BUD!" An energetic girl yells right across from Weiss. The girl seemed to be waking a boy dressed in green. He had black hair with a strand of pink in it, and pale skin. The boy sighs.

"Mama?" Hope calls tiredly. Weiss looks down to her daughter with a sorrowful expression.

"Sorry sweetie. Our neighbor's got a little loud." Weiss gestures to the girl in pink. Hope giggles lightly to her mother's comment.

Moments later Weiss, (secretly)the Twins, and Hope are in the Locker room. Opening her Locker Weiss grabs Myrtenaster, her revolving dust chamber rapier. After a moment Weiss sighs. I almost forgot that I have limited dust. I can't believe I forgot That of all things. Weiss looks to Hope who is sitting on a bench next to her locker fidgeting with her wings. Oh well, at least I got to bring her. Weiss smiles at the thought.

"Hello!" A voice sounds. Weiss looks over to see a celebrity from the kingdom of Mistral, Pyrrha Nikos. She offers her hand. "My name's Pyrrha. I wanted to wish you luck out there."

"Thank you." Weiss smiles. "I'm Weiss." She says accepting the handshake. "If I remember correctly we should be getting assigned teams today."

Pyrrha giggles. "Well then I hope to see you out there." The next thing Weiss hears before she could respond was Hope.

"Ruby!" She cheers. Ruby giggles at this.

"Hey Hope." Ruby then looks over to Weiss. "Hey Weiss."

"Hello Ruby." Weiss smiles.

"Who's your friend?" Ruby asks while Hope hops down from her seat to run over to her mothers side.

Weiss gestures to Pyrrha. "This is Pyrrha."

"Hello." Pyrrha greets with a wave.

"She was the champion at the Mistral Regional Tournament for four years in a row." Weiss explains.

Ruby's eyes practically turned to stars. Meanwhile Yang Walked over with a proud look on her face. "Four years! That's a new record! That's so cool." Pyrrha chuckles at the younger girls excitement.

"Yeah, it was pretty cool." Pyrrha admits. "I even got to be put on a cereal box. Sad to say it wasn't very good for you though."

Yang grabs her sister in a bear hug. "Oh I'm so proud of my baby sister! Making friends with celebrities!"

"Cut It out!" Ruby says punching Yang's off of her, causing said girl to laugh.

Weiss and Pyrrha chuckle while Hope looks on in confusion. The Twins, despite being in hiding could hear what was going on and were struggling to keep quiet.

A little while later Weiss, Hope, Ruby, Pyrrha, and Yang walk over to the cliffs nearby Beacon. Ozpin was already waiting with Professor Glenda Goodwitch.

"Hello students." Glenda greets. "Please step on a platform and wait for us to begin."

"Before you do," Ozpin interrupts. "Miss Schnee would you come with me for a moment?"

Weiss nods. "Yes Professor." Weiss, with Hope In tow follows Ozpin a short distance away.

"I trust you know why I asked?"

"Yes sir." Weiss nods.

"I will keep them and your daughter safe during your initiation." Ozpin states. "You have my word."

Moments later. Weiss was standing on one of the platforms with her peers. Off to the side Hope nervously stood next to Ozpin and Glynda. The Twins were in Ozpin's pre cleaned emptied mug that he held.

Ozpin clears his throat gaining everyone's attention. "For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Glynda holding a open Scroll steps forward. "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of 'teams.'" She states. "Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today."

Weiss looks over to Ruby who's looking slightly pale. "What? Ohhh..." She mumbles.

Ozpin adds on to What Glynda said. "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well."

Weiss looks over to Hope who still looks worried. Weiss smiles to her and blows a kiss to her causing a smile to appear on her daughter's face.

"That being said," Ozpin continues. "The first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

"Whaaaat?!" Ruby cry's. Weiss gives the girl a sympathetic look before mentally preparing herself.

"See? I told you-!" Weiss hears somewhere in the background.

"After you've partnered up," Ozpin states. "Make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die." Hope behind him gains a terrified expression with her face going pale. One of the students laughs nervously and then gulps loudly.

"You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation," Ozpin continues to explain. "But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

A guy among Weiss' peers chuckles nervously raising his hand. "Yeah, um, sir?"

"Good!" Ozpin states. "Now, take your positions."

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Pyrrha ready's her shield and sword in a fighting pose, Weiss prepares Myrtenaster, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her scythe, and a blond guy is still raising his hand. Weiss give Hope a quick smile before looking forward.

"Uh, sir?" The student asks. "I've got, um... a question." He doesn't notice the tile under Weiss rising up into a springboard, rocketing into the air and over the forest, as the platforms activate down the line. "So, this landing... strategy thing... Uh, wha-what is it? You're, like, dropping us off or something?"

"No." Ozpin denies. "You will be falling."

"Oh, uh, I see... So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us?"

"No. You will be using your own 'landing strategy.'"

"Uh-huh... Yeah."

At her turn, Yang winks at her younger sister, puts on a pair of aviators, and flies off with a "Woo-hoooooooo!" before Ruby joins her.

"So, what exactly is a landing strategYyyyyyyy"

Ozpin smiles while Glynda rolls her eyes. Hope in fear for her mother grabs Ozpin's jacket tugging on it slightly. Ozpin looks down to see the girls face, and immediately understands what was scaring her. Hope watches with curiosity as Ozpin's body glows slightly. Glynda gains a shocked look. What is he doing. She thought. Why would he show her.

"It's alright." Ozpin states kindly. "The speech was a way of motivation. Your mother will be perfectly fine."

Glynda walks over kneeling down to Hopes level. "If you want you can watch if it will make you feel better." Hope nods slowly to her.