Ch 1 A Series of Events

Y/N was currently trying to locate a dust shop as his dad sent him as they were running low on dust. You on the other hand thought that it was ridiculous.

Y/N: What kind of dust shop would be open at this time? No one is open.

Rambling to yourself of this kind of nonsense as you just wanted to go to sleep you failed to see the robbery taking place. Realizing what is happen you had the sudden realization.

Y/N: The one day I don't bring my weapons. No matter sometimes it's better to watch.

Climbing up a ladder on a building adjacent to the dust shop you pull out your binoculars and see the events transpire.

Y/N: (peering through the binoculars) Crap. Looks like the fight ended.

Trying to look for anyone you spot two people on a building. One was a blonde woman who was leading a cloaked girl. Looking closer you see her features.

Y/N: She's cute. Wonder what's with all the red though.

Sighing to yourself you lay against a wall. This would definitely warrant a call to dad.

Father: (via scroll) Yello.

Y/N: (via scroll) I'm coming back.

Father: You got the dust?

Y/N: There is no dust shops opened and the one shop that was just got robbed.

Father: Okay. I will deal with it tomorrow. Do not get spotted.

Y/N: Yeah I know.

Hanging up Y/N just say over the edge of the building. Watching the scene he saw what is the distinct outline of a drone.

Not wanting to risk being caught you grab out an emp grenade before tossing it in the air. A few seconds later you see the drone crash into the ground. Climbing down the ladder you see that the drone is still functional.

Y/N: (crouches down) Huh. That's Beacon's tech.

Pulling out the storage drive Y/N went back home to show his dad the recording.

Glynda was looking over recordings the drone captured of Ruby. She stopped upon seeing a segment of it crashing.

Glynda: (hands over scroll) You might want to see this?

Ozpin: Might this involve my decision to let Ruby in because I'm tell you that-

Glynda: Just look it over.

Ozpin obliged. One minute he sees the drone crashing and the next he sees a teenager who was standing over it. Then the recording was suddenly cut off.

Ozpin: I would have never have believed it.

Glynda: What?

Ozpin: Well you would not know but do you see the orange outline?

Glynda: It's an orange watch. Are you telling me there is something more to it?

Ozpin: Few know about this. Much less even Atlas but Vale once had its own operatives.

Glynda: What are you on about?

Ozpin: (stands up) We will talk about this on our return. Though either an agent still lives or his son took up his role. Either way he was covering his tracks. One thing is certain. They will not take their discovery lightly.

Ozpin was right as the next day Y/N and his father was now at Beacon.

Y/N: Why are we at Beacon?