Ch 36 A Break in a Journey

Inside a high building overlooking a land of darkness and despair Kremlin looks out of a window besides Mercury and Emerald. They see as a new Grimm emerge from one of the many pools of black slime. Emerald has her hand to her mouth whereas Mercury was on the other hand slightly disgusted.

Kremlin: Guess Amethyst was right about where Grimm came from. Now that I think about it she probably was just bullshitting. Rest her soul.

Looking to his left only to see their disgusted reaction he walks back and sits in a chair not caring for Salem's other allies. Feeling a stern stare at the side of his skull Kremlin turns to meet their gaze. Waiting for Salem's arrival it quickly turn to discussing the fall of Beacon despite it being several months back. Though it could be said this was the first time he has met these people and as such this doctor may be trying to establish his credibility.

Kremlin scoffs off Watts previous comment as it insinuated how vital he was to its fall.

Kremlin: Don't let it go to your head. You're lucky that Atlas didn't discover your virus.

Watts: Oh? By the sounds this are you now hinting that it might have?

Kremlin: Given the lack of reason behind an intruder in the CCTS Tower I would have put much more effort into discovering the reason behind it.

Watts: Yes, how fortunate.

Kremlin: Oh, and one more thing that I will add. Did it delete itself?

Watts: Excuse me?

Kremlin: The virus. Did this virus of yours  delete itself? I mean surely if someone were to get their hands on it surely they can alter this virus of yours if they are skilled enough and use it.

Looking at his stunned face Kremlin revels in his mistake.

Kremlin: You may be smart but it just may be your downfall.

Watts' stunned face just as quickly goes away as he collects himself.

Watts: Beacon Academy has fallen. Surely no one could have gotten it.

Kremlin simply leans back in his chair with his hands behind his head.

Kremlin: If you say so.

Mentally chuckling at what presumably will be his self doubt he went back to his original positioning.

Kremlin: Now, when is this meeting going to happen? Not all of us can have the time to spend their time scheming. Then there's the other who will spend their oh so, so precious time healing as evidently one seventeen year old took her eye, saved the Spartan girl, and to top it off the fifteen year has unlocked her silver eyes. 

Cinder merely sat in her chair unable to say anything beyond a whisper. Motioning for Emerald to come close she whispers in her ear while everyone else watched on in their amusement.

Emerald: You were in-

Emerald stops mid sentence as the sound of a heavy door opens to reveal Salem. Everyone stands as Salem enters inside the room except Kremlin who stays in his chair.

Salem: As you were saying.

Emerald compose herself before speaking.

Emerald: You were meant to be in charge of the logistics for the final attack.

Kremlin smiled in his mind as he prepared for just the situation.

Kremlin: That may he but I believe that it was the White Fang who was all too trigger happy and attacked early, thus causing the series of events that happened.