Ch 19 The Day Before the Dance

Ruby was sitting dejectedly at a table with her head resting on her hand. Staring off she was interrupted by Weiss.

Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.

Sliding the two squares across to Ruby she looks at them quizzically.

Ruby: Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: I don't even know why I asked!

Hearing this comment you stop working on your gadgets to look at the two tablecloths.

Y/N: Weiss, pick the one on the right. The decorator white.

Weiss: (looks over to you) How did you even know what color this was?

Y/N: Oh, right. Scarlet after retiring from her Huntress life picked up the hobby of being a interior designer. Anyways I had to help her on some occasions.

Weiss: Well, thank you.

Weiss walks off pleased with Yang dropping by her sister's table.

Yang: So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry. Blake is going. Also didn't Y/N already get a suit soooo...

Ruby: He did but he also said I didn't want
to we can also do that. Said we can even just eat ice-cream and watch movies if I want to.

Yang: But these nights are special.

Ruby: Just tell me what do you have a plan in mind?

Yang: I'm not going to say.

Ruby: What? Why?

Yang: Don't worry about your team leader responsibilities and worry more about your love life ones. Where is Y/N anyways?

Ruby points across the room to you sitting at a table yourself working on gadgets.

Ruby: Y/N said his gear was acting up so he needed to check up on it.

Yang: I would be mad by the fact that he isn't paying attention to you right before the dance if we don't hang out everyday. That and we've seen some of his gear and I don't want one of them exploding on me.

Glancing at her right Yang gets exasperated seeing Weiss's preparations.

Yang: Weiss. I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines! Besides Y/N likes the idea as well, which is knowledge is surprising considering what he wears.

Y/N: You know I have feelings right?

Weiss: Well wear better clothing.

Y/N: I've seen how long it takes to fold your clothes. I think I prefer sticking with what I got on me.

Weiss: It's not my fault that one crease can ruin them. They need to be folded right.

Y/N: Are these not the very same clothing that you wear in combat?

You never got an answer as the conversation got interrupted by the doors opening.

Neptune: (walking in with Sun) Did I hear that your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Y/N: Don't forget the doilies.

Weiss: We were thinking about it...

Neptune: That's pretty cool.