Ch 35 Reuniting Pt2

A/N: Sorry about the lack of updating. Not getting into details I was busy with my life. Tried to do this chapter as fast as I could but then I realized I needed to add another whole scene because if I did it in the next chapter it would throw off the pacing.

Walking up to Ruby you sit besides her and she immediately leaps to hug you.

Y/N: I know, I know Tootsie Pop. I miss you too.

Though Ruby was strangely not answering. Looking down you see Ruby crying in your waist. Tears filled her eyes.

Ruby: I miss you.

Rubbing her back you let Ruby cry into your waist for awhile. You simply stared ahead. Not that you were emotionless but this was just the idea that you were suppressing your emotions all this time. There was no time to cry when that time could have been used to walk more. You had one goal, to find Ruby but now that you found her and seeing how Ruby is you knew you had to put on a brave face for her.

Ruby: We... We already lost too much so I-I-I wouldn't know what I would do without you Y/N...

Y/N: (continuing to rub her back) I'm here. I'm here, Ruby, just let it all out.

Ruby: After Pe-Penny died and then (sobs) and then when I woke everyone was gone. I... I couldn't find them. Weiss... then Blake... they left. Yang wouldn't even talk to me.

Y/N: Ruby, she cares for you. Yang just isn't in the right place at the movement. Yang has to handle her problems in her own way. And if that involves pushing all her loved ones so be it. She'll comes around.

Ruby: (sniffles) How do you know?

Y/N: Because Yang isn't the type of person to stay down. Though I was being honest. Yang does care for you. She may have not shown in that time but I was doing most of the talking to her she thanked me when I told her that I would find you to be there for you as you do this thing where you get so occupied looking out for everyone you don't do it for yourself.

Ruby: (wipes tears) Thank you. I needed to hear that.

Y/N: You feel better?

Ruby: A little.

Y/N: Close your eyes.

Ruby: Why?

Y/N: Do it.

Ruby: (closes her eyes) Okay, I trust you.

Digging into your backpack you pull out the steel Rose that you gifted Ruby the day after you two gotten together.

Y/N: Open them.

Opening her eyes she sees the steel Rose in front of her face. Grabbing it Ruby inspects the Rose.

Ruby: You got it?!

Y/N: Yup.

Ruby: Thank you. It looks so life like now.

Y/N: I know you would've felt awful if you lost it given the significance of it.

Ruby: The day after we gotten together you surprised me with it.

Y/N: Of course it doesn't compare to you though.

Ruby: Stop it.

Y/N: I'm serious. I'm not really good at this kind of stuff Rubester but you're one of the most prettiest girls I laid my eyes on.

Ruby: (blushing) You probably seen more people prettier than me. I mean you've been everywhere.

Y/N: Ruby, don't put yourself down like that.
I know that I haven't been giving you as much compliments as I should've been when you're the single best thing that has happened to me. Some nights I wonder if you're too good to be true for someone like me.