Ch 16 A New Kind of Relation

One day after Operation Kciwhcrot took place everything was more or less normal. Each of the five members of Team RWBY were doing their own things with you tinkering with your special project. Meanwhile Ruby was outside of Beacon Academy pacing back and forth.

Ruby: Should I or should I not? Should I or should I not? (sighs) Screw it.

Calling Uncle Qrow she waits a few seconds before he answers the call.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow.

Qrow: Not like I enjoy calls from my favorite pipsqueak but this is kinda of a bad time.

Ruby: But this is important.

Qrow: (sighs) Alright. What is it?

Out of instinct or rather nervousness Ruby started twirling a strand of her hair.

Ruby: So I like this boy.

Qrow: Look I know how I'm the cool uncle and all but isn't this a talk for Yang or your dad? Why me?

Ruby: You know how dad is and Yang could be a little too you know.

Qrow: You're afraid she might end up doing something?

Ruby: Well ya. I told her I'm thinking about it but not when.

Qrow: How did that went?

Ruby: Uhhh...

Ruby began to explain the events of yesterday night after arriving back to Beacon Academy from the operation. Laying face down on her bed Yang went inside a few minutes later.

Yang: What's wrong Ruby?

Ruby: Nothing.

Yang: Do you want me to get Y/N in here?

Ruby: NO! I mean no please.

Yang: Is this about him?

Ruby: (sighs) Yup.

Yang: (hops on bed) What happened?

Ruby: Well it all started a while back when we were looking for Blake.

Yang: Okay.

Ruby: Remember how I told you how I did kiss Y/N?

Yang: Yup. Did you?

Ruby: (sighs) No. I tried bringing it up but then we got interrupted. Then Y/N said we were friends and I felt my heart shatter.

Yang: Hmmm... I think it's time you should tell Y/N.

Ruby: What if he doesn't like me?

Putting her arm over her Ruby's shoulder she began to speak some older sister wisdom.

Yang: Ruby, it is going to eat at you if you do not. Hold up. Let me put it in terms you will better understand.

Ruby: Okay.

Yang: You will miss all the shots you never take. Do you get it?

Ruby: Yeah, but how do I do this?

Yang: You have to be confident about it.

Ruby: Yang, you already know how I am.

Yang: You have lots of it. You fight Grimm with no problem. Then again your bad guy win-loss record is 0-2.

Ruby: Yang! It's not that simple. I can't just use Crescent Rose on him.

Yang: I mean you can.