Colter

After finding John nearly eaten and managing to bring him back alive, Arthur really needed some rest.
He'd finally made it to that little room Ms. Grimshaw had prepared for him. It was dusk, and he was so physically exhausted.

He threw himself on the old bed.
But something weird was going on... Arthur could not sleep.

He just stayed in bed for hours; too tired to move, with a brain that's too occupied to let him get any sleep.
It's like he was stuck in his own personal purgatory.
The past couple of days have been unusually eventful, and he really had no chance to sit down and process things.

"...I know you're in love with John Marston."

"Goddamn it!"
Arthur gets up and sits in bed looking at the floor, aggressively scratching his messy hair trying to think.
And that's when he saw an old box under the nightstand that looks like it was left here ages ago. Arthur went down on his knees to check what's in the box... "Ah, yes... Booze!"
Yeah, that'll help him stop overthinking, he thought to himself.

He took the first sip, and just as he suspected, the expired moonshine tasted like death, but he still pushed through. Anything to get him through the night. He continued chugging down the bottles, one by one, until he got up to take a leak outside.

Arthur was so unbelievably intoxicated, he couldn't walk, or pee, straight. The smell of harsh liquor could have been easily noticed from a mile away... But luckily, no one was around. All the cabins' lights were off, and not a single campfire was lit outside.
It was like he'd walked into a ghost town.

After finishing his business, Arthur noticed that John's cabin was conveniently close to where he was standing; so confused, drunk, and exhausted Arthur Morgan thought it would be a great idea to sneak in and check up on his dear friend John.
After all, he was the one who saved his life.

Arthur made his way to John's cabin, slipping on a pile of snow by the door, falling inside face down. Hard.
He quickly got up, shushed himself, and drunkenly walked over to John who was completely passed out in his bed.

Arthur sat on his knees by John's head, and began staring at his new scars, barely keeping his head straight.
Hs vision was blurry, so he leaned in closed to see, and that's when he slipped again, falling on his John's face.
More specifically, oh his lips.

He freaked out, then he took a deep breathe, closed his eyes, and went for it...

He gave sleepy John a peck on the lips,
And all he could feel at that moment was a swarm of butterflies in his empty stomach.