I know you

"Ladies first" Said Arthur, as he held the door to the room he'd just rented for the both of them open. She walked in and sat on the bed, which he then avoided and went and leaned on the dresser across from her instead.
Mary sat down and started slowly taking off her embroidered gloves, looking slightly uncomfortable at the not-so-clean sheets that covered the bed in this rather simple room.
"So... Why did you bring me all the way out here, Mary? You knew me and the gang was staying in Blackwater, or you wouldn't have sent the letter there anyway." He said, taking off his hat, revealing his messy dirty blonde hair, "Why couldn't you have just asked me to meet you there?"
"And risk seeing any of them? No, thank you." She replied, seemingly repulsed by the memory of the Van der Linde boys.
"What are you doing there anyway? You know what, don't answer that. I don't think I want to know." She continued, still avoiding eye contact with Arthur.
He sighed, "Alright... tell me, what's wrong? Is it Jamie?"
"No, no.. Jamie is fine.. we're all... fine."
"Come on, woman" said Arthur in frustration, "if you won't talk to me I can't help you."
"I don't need your help, Arthur. In fact, I want to help you."
"Oh? You? Want to help me? And how's that?" he asked sarcastically.
"Arthur, drop the attitude. God, you haven't changed one bit."
Arthur looked slightly embarrassed and scratched his chin.
"Anywho.." she continued, "I came to tell you the real reason I left." Arthur's eyes slightly narrowed, "really? Now? Heh.." he said mockingly, crossing his arms and looking away.
"Yes, now. Although I know that you know, but you just won't admit it to yourself."
Mary Linton continued, finally getting up and walking over to him, "I've been watching you, Arthur"
"How thoughtfu-"
"And I know that you haven't been with any other woman since we ended things." she interrupted his sarcastic comment.
"Mary.. that life is not for me. I don't want what happened with you to happen again with someone else. I'm not a young boy, no more. I don't need no woman to take care of me." He replied sincerely.
She looked at him, and turned around, slowly walking towards the large window that lit up the whole room. "That's right. You need no woman, Arthur." She said meticulously, "in fact, you don't need anybody. Because what you want has been right in front of you this whole time." She said as she reached the window, looking outside and taking in a deep breathe.
Arthur's eyebrows arched down as he stood up straight, "enough with the riddles, Mary. Out with it."
She turned and looked at him in concern and carefully said,
"Arthur... I know you're in love with John Marston."