𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝙸𝚝 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 (𝟷)

The computer screen turned black as Fallon went to edit the next paragraph

The computer screen turned black as Fallon went to edit the next paragraph. It was dead. She let out a disgruntled groan as she flopped her back onto the cushions. She couldn't believe it, another sign that she needed a break.

Of course, she felt like it was karma for slacking and not writing all day. Her job which she was amazingly talented at, was writing, she already had two solo books and the start of a series which was already bringing in a lot of cash, enough to pay the bills for a long time. She knew that it was no longer about her after she published a book on the worst cliffhanger, leaving the main character stuck in time as her dad was taken before her eyes.

This was probably going to be the end of the day as she officially took it as a sign, and her tired and stubborn attitude didn't help anything in the slightest, but merely made it worse.

"Honey, I'm home," her sister, Ayla, called from the front door, mocking the famous saying. She held back the information of not being alone as she walked all the way into the living room, where Fallon was currently sitting- well laying.

Closed eyes and a hand through her long and thick hair. She was tired and wasn't really feeling like a girl talk with her sister. And because of this, she didn't notice the group of boys that walked in behind Ayla, all of which definitely noticed her. Her tan legs crossed as she laid back on the armrest. A shut laptop resting on her flat stomach along with a hand holding it there. Her other one working its way through wavy strands of hair that were sprawled over the couch.

"You gonna open your eyes anytime soon?" Ayla asked, approaching the couch and setting both hands on the back.

Fallon let out a small sigh and set her laptop on the footrest that they used as a coffee table, seeing as it was flat enough to, not opening her eyes until it was placed successfully.

"There," Fallon stated, her eyes slightly bloodshot from staring at a screen so long. This was nothing new, though. She paid bills with her writing and she has since she was seventeen. It was a year ago now since she was only eighteen, having to publish two books right after her grandpa died that she wrote when she was young.

She had a complicated family life. Her mom left when she was ten, her father got sick when she was eleven, died when she was twelve, lived with her grandpa in Los Angeles after that, he died over a year ago leaving her to take care of Ayla who recently decided she wanted to be homeschooled at the time to pursue her career and Fallon couldn't say anything because she finished school at seventeen when she graduated, and that is only the short version.

"They are open," she continued, keeping eye contact with her sister, somehow knowing the presence of the boys as she pointed to the large opening in the room with a questioning look. "Who are they?"

"So they have a question and I told them they had to ask you because your the boss," Ayla rapidly said, pointing to the group, taking any blame off of her.