𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 (𝟽)

The young girl waited beside her bed, anxiously awaiting for the time to change

The young girl waited beside her bed, anxiously awaiting for the time to change. To get a minute closer to midnight. Her hair was flowing over her face as she sat on the floor, watching the clock with red lighting.

She knew it was a school night, but she just wanted to be able to run to her parents and inform them of the new day.

And then the screaming began at 11:55 at night, March 20th. The young girl who at the time was nine going on ten jumped slightly at the sudden noise.

The voice of her sister whimpering from across the room made her break her gaze at the clock flicking her eyes to the young girl who again was having nightmares in her sleep.

The older of the sisters crawled over as quietly as she could and sat on the floor beside the bed, just holding her sister's hands, she was used to the nightmares her sister had.

She never got great sleep because of them, normally the youngest would bring the sounds outside of sleep into her dream and the yelling of her parents never sat well with either girl.

The yelling went on for a few more minutes until it stopped and as a result, the oldest let go of her sister's hand and looked at the clock. It was her birthday. Maybe that's why her parents stopped.

Then, right when she thought she going to be surprised by her parents walking in. The car door slammed shut. She bolted to the window just in time to get a glimpse of her mom's car driving off.

It still didn't hit her. She just sat making excuses.

Then her bedroom door opened revealing her father. His eyes were watery as if he held them by just a thin glass keeping the liquid in.

It hit her.

She ran over and plowed into him. Her father, Frederick Jonathan Harper, picked up the young girl as she wrapped her legs around him. Her head pushed into his neck as she silently cried knowing what happened.

Her mother didn't want to fight for her. Her mom didn't care. Her mom left.

Fallon woke up to a rapid knocking on her door. The boys convinced Randy to let them stay at a hotel since they really didn't want to stay on a bus for another night, especially for Fallon's birthday.

She sighed and threw the blankets off her body as she opened the door. Corbyn immediately walking in.

Noting her roommate at the moment, Lillah, was asleep.

"So, I wanted to tell you happy birthday," he smiled sitting on the TV desk. Fallon arched a brow as she stepped up to the boy, placing both her hands on his knee in a friendly manner. Oblivious to the sharp intake from Corbyn.

"You told me that at midnight, and then again at 12:01 on Insta, and then before I headed to my room at 1:13," Fallon informed laughing at Corbyn's next reaction which was a joking scoff.