𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑... (𝟷𝟶)

"You must be Fallon," Saskia smiled warmly at the girl

"You must be Fallon," Saskia smiled warmly at the girl. Like Fallon, she did her research, unlike Fallon, it wasn't only to learn her name. "I'm Corbyn's mom, you are definitely gorgeous, Instagram does you no justice."

Fallon blushed at this as she made her way behind her island, her hair finally being released from the scrunchie.

"Thank you so much, the same goes for you. Corbyn talks nonstop about his family," Fallon spoke she then, even though she didn't purposely mean to, kept talking. "The way his eyes light up when he talks about you guys is something more special than the way he talks about science and astrology and video games, and I didn't know that could happen until it did. You raised a wonderful and kind kid."

Saskia smiled internally as she watched the girl. Her eyes lit up as she talked of Corbyn and that was all Saskia needed to like the girl.

"Well, I better go check on Ashley, she fell in love with this house the minute she walked in," Saskia chuckled as she took a step back from the counter.

"Tell her she's welcome any time, even when I'm not here. My cousins practically live here when I'm out of town. Anyways, it was nice to meet you," Fallon smiled back from behind the island, grabbing four bowls of fruit, as much as could carry without dropping them. Even with the kids, she knew better than to be anything but careful.

"Here let me help," she heard Corbyn's voice as two of the containers were released from her arms. "How much did you make?"

Fallon arched a brow at him for his question which she found to be stupid. "I know you. You may be small but you can eat."

Corbyn smirked as she said it. It was a big accomplishment of his and her knowing that made it slightly more accomplished.

"I could win a hot dog eating contest if I wanted," Corbyn joked as he led the way to the backyard, sliding the door open with his foot getting Fallon to laugh at this.

"You made that harder than needed," she informed, walking through as he held it open with his foot. He gave her a wink as the two continued walking to the large picnic table that Ayla was tasked to set up.

"Hey what's that smell? It smells really good!" Daniel yelled from the other side of the yard by the bean bag toss where he was playing with his brother against Zach and Jack.

By the look on the makeshift scoreboard by Ayla, Zach and Jack were somehow really good.

"Cinnamon, vanilla, and citrus," Ayla informed, the sound of a bean bag against wood following that statement. Jack turned to look at Fallon with a strange look.

"Insect repellent," Claire told him, matter of factly as she wrapped an arm around Fallon's shoulder. "See I know stuff. Maybe not Corbyn smart but smart."

Everyone chuckled at this as Everleigh came out with the last bowl which was conveniently her making, pasta salad, and the platter of sandwiches, the cheese on a separate plate already sat out along with mayo and miracle whip as Fallon knew how picky could be.