Ch 19: Memories Like Water

~At King Kai's Place~

Where Yamcha, Tien, and Chao-zu were all still monkeying around with Bubbles having yet to catch him.

Piccolo was growing even more irritable by the minutes, making him once again start pestering poor King Kai about real training which the blue creature being bothered was quick to mother his ass, giving him a silent but deadly stern face that frighten Piccolo.

"Why such the rush Piccolo? It can't be because of that Serena girl? She can wait since Yataians have long life spans." King Kai told him, assuming that was one of the reasons Piccolo was so eager to get back. He was kind of curious himself about who this girl was that was destined to be with such a grump like this Namekian. "But I recall you making a promise to me that you wouldn't fight Frieza." His frown deepens and his gaze hardens behind his glasses. "Unless you were lying and being a lair is as bad as a thief and a cheat, which means I won't train you if you're any of these."

"Err! Forget I said anything." Piccolo sneers, sashaying away to sit underneath one of the trees outside of the house.

King Kai sighs in disappoint at Piccolo's, saying a small pray for Serena and her life with this alien. He turns his attention to the three other fighters noticing how exhausted they were, realizing it was time to give them a break. "Lunch time fellas!"

In an instant they were no longer tired as they race into the house to devour the delicious meal King Kai had cooked up for them. Behind the pigs, he kept an eye on Piccolo, who remained in his spot underneath the tree.

The Namekian scoffs inwardly at how disgusting those idiots were being as they ate and pulls out his gourd of water. Popping the cap off, he lifts it to his lips and like the water flowing down his throat so does a memory from long ago...

~3 yrs ago~

Piccolo stood on a cliff, looking over the wastelands he had called his home since the defeat he endured from that fool Goku. He's been on edge for a few days from the unfamiliar energy he felt, it may have been far away, but he could still sense how great in strength it was. He assumed Goku and his pathetic friends had gotten rid of the source since it was nowhere to be found in these pass days until now.

Flying off into the direction where that energy was coming from, Piccolo finds himself floating above the small forest area just East of the wastelands. His brows narrow seeing the trees collapse one by one and lands a few feet away from the fallen trees, stepping cautiously towards the clearing while hiding in the shadows. He was excepting a horrifying destroyer of the world creature but instead...

'It's a little girl?!' He shouts in his thoughts. 'She's wrestling a T-Rex?!'

Yes, indeed, in front of Piccolo was a young girl who could be no older than 15 years old trying to pin a beast twice her size to ground. She was covered in mud so he couldn't get a clear view of her feature except for her short, dark pink hair that no amount of mud could be able to conceal.

"Come on, just let me put this damn bow on already." Her silky voice hit his ears as she struggles to tie a bright yellow ribbon around the creature's neck. "There was that so hard." She smiles in victory, leaning back to take in her accomplishment. "Hmm...I thought you'd be cute with it on to be worthy of a princess's pet but seeing it now I guess you aren't." The T-Rex's eyes widen with hurt then shift to anger, lifting its head to bite her head off only to receive an effortless uppercut from the small teen. Shattering all its sharp teeth. "I'm done with you, so leave. You should know this hurts me more than you-and its gone." She said, watching the beast running away in fear. Shrugging her shoulders, she takes the time look down at herself. "Gross, I'm covered I mud! I can't return to brother like this."

The girl strolls off in a random direction, following the sounds of running water.

'What's she doing now?' Piccolo wonders, trailing behind her from tree to tree. He peeks out of his hiding spot but quickly turns back around, a purple tint making its way onto his cheeks. 'Why is she just taking a bath so openly I do it but that's different.' He didn't understand it, didn't this girl know that some human if not most were awful beings and any one of them could be a pervert just watching her being naked.

Piccolo might have been watching her but that was for caution reasons, in case she did something, and he shouldn't be so pathetic when doing so. He then peers back around the tree to observe her, but his heart almost stopped at the site in front of him.

All the mud was now wiped away, revealing the girl's porcelain skin that glowed in the rays of light that peeked through the clouds in the sky. His eyes trailed over her vibrant pink locks that fell on her shoulders in ringlets down to her upper half that was exposed freely. Piccolo had never seen a woman before nor did he care to but he couldn't stop himself from gawking at her curves, and how soft she looked that his hands twitched in desire to feel just how soft it was for himself. She was beautiful and he had no idea why his heart was beating so fast or why she was causing this knotting feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Distracted by his thought, he didn't realize he was taking a small step forward until a fallen branch snapped underneath his foot, echoing in the silence and alerting the pinkette. She spins around in his direction, but he was gone already before her golden eyes could meet his.

~Present~

'Why after all this time does she confuse me still?' Piccolo thought, already knowing the answer but his tsundere nature was sending him into a continuous web of denial.