Ch 10: Perky

"We're here." Mr. Popo said, both Bulma and I blinking at how fast it was.

"We are?" She questioned, raising a brow at my foot inches from her side. I smiled and waved, putting it down. "But there's nothing even here." There really wasn't anything here except patches of grass on high rocks and cliff tops.

"Don't be so certain you'll see." Mr. Popo says, waiting for us to follow him but glances over his shoulder hearing Bulma never ending cries. "What's wrong?"

"I'm freezing." She whines, rubbing her arms for warmth. "Just where are we?"

"Yunzabit Heights."

"Yunzabit!? T-that's half way around the world."

"Your friends shoot rays and turn into monkeys plus you have a flying cat." I pointed out, stepping into place beside the fluffy man. "Instant travel shouldn't shock you."

"Follow me, this way." He led us down the rocks and through crayons for a while before Bulma, not surprisingly, spoke.

"So, where is this spaceship?" She asked impatiently, puffing her cheeks when we purposefully ignored her. "You guys don't talk much do you?" We still have no response but to be honest it did feel like we were walking in circles.

As a Yataian, we could communicate telepathically with others. "For real though Mr. Popo are we there yet because it feels like we're been going in circles."

The mischievous gleam in his eyes confirmed what I was thinking this whole time. A chuckle left me at how funny he could be when teaching people a lesson. Mr. Popo then stopped at a layered wall of cliffs.

Bulma, still being suspicious of us, crossed her arms over her chest and scowled at us. "I'm beginning to think we're lost. We walked all this way but now there's no way to go. We're at a dead end."

"Calm down there Perky." I rolled my eyes at her accusing glare towards Mr. Popo. I was starting to pray for luck upon the fool who ends up with her. "Are we still against the bitch slapping idea?" I asked Mr. Popo, who for a moment seemed to be debating it, but shook his head before hopping from cliff to cliff. I followed his example until the same annoying voice paused our hops.

"Hey wait!"

"What now?" You could hear Mr. Popo was losing patience and when that happens you know that person is irritating for sure.

"I'm no rabbit, how am I-"

"Climb I guess." He responded with no remorse.

"Damn, Mr. Popo." I gave a low whistle. "Savage."

When we reached the top, Mr. Popo wandered away, and I took a seat to watch Bulma struggling in her climbing of the rocks.

"You could have helped me." She huffs, trying to catch her breath.

"Not your judgmental ass." I teased, standing up and walking over to Mr. Popo with her to look down in a clearing below us that held a ship that resembles a big bug. Walking down the hill towards it, Bulma began tapping her knuckles against one of the legs.

"Strange, it's not metal.." She mumbled, twisting her body to face Mr. Popo. "Okay I've had it. What do you know about this thing?"

"I only know from the stories Kami told me when he was very young." He then went into the tales of young Kami and how he used to live in Yunzabit where he would sit and wait for the day someone like him came to get him, but no one ever did.

"Aww, poor baby Kami." I sniffled, actually about to shed a tear thinking about how sad and lonely he must have felt.

"It's sad, but what does the story have to do with the ship?" Bulma questioned.

"Because while here he found this ship and to open it, he said the word 'Piccolo'."

"How do we get up there?"

"Just say the word again." He instructed, positioning us to stand around under what I assumed was the entrance. "Piccolo." And with that the circular plate floats down for us to step on as Mr. Popo repeated the phrase to lift us into the ship.

"Wow, look at this place." Bulma awed at the way the inside was oddly clean and not covered in moss ( A/n: no not Zoro moss that I'd gladly want to be covered in.) like the outside of it.

"Oh, a throne." I raced to the pilot's seat that was big enough for me to stretch myself on it, sighing when I got comfortable. "Just right for a princess."

"I wonder how it got here-Oh wait Kami was a Namekian." Bulma concluded. "Genkai told us that Namek was in danger at one point and they must have sent him to Earth."

'Huh, just like the Saiyans.'

"Yes, Kami told me once that when they believed their planet to be done for, they evacuated to other worlds."

"Well, it makes sense that this is a Namekian ship. We did use the word Piccolo to get in." I specify, shifting to sit properly on my self-proclaimed throne as they walked over.

"Kami's parents must have sent him here to save his life." Mr. Popo spoke in a sad tone.

"They were probably meant to meet him, yet something must have stopped them. Poor little fella." She said sounding equally sad which surprised me to see a redeeming quality with her empathy. "Guys! All we need to do is get this thing working."

"Perky, you know we got inside through a powered door, right?"

"Oh you're right." She praised then sat down beside me with a defeated expression. "But the problem is I don't know anything about alien technology. I wouldn't know where to start." Her blue eyes trailed over to me and I could practically see the light bulb above her head. "Serena, right?"

"Mmhmm." I lazily confirmed.

"Since you're an alien, do you happen to know anything about this technology?"

"Perhaps."

She smiled brightly at this, "Great you can help me figure this out."

"No thanks."

Her smile turned sour. "What do you mean 'No Thanks'?"

"Would you rather me say I can't help you due to laziness, low blood sugar and/or I don't like you." I listed, twirling a wavy strand between my fingers "Besides, you're a smart girl. Figure it out yourself."

"Grr, you just like a cat." She growled. If only she knew how right she was. "Oh well when and doubt just start pressing button."

After watching her press the buttons and gaining no result, I waited a little longer for her struggles to become boring. "Why don't you try using verbal command instead of buttons like how we used the door." I suggested, her frustration washing away.

"That's right it must run on voice command but that means it's only in Namekian." Then she was defeated again.

"God, you are just one problem after another." I spoke bluntly, letting the words pierce her heart. Thankfully, Mr. Popo knew some Namekian as he told the ship to go to Juniper for a test run on if it really did work. Gravity pressed down on us when the ship launched itself to the destination. Bulma throw her arms around me, clinging to me in fear. I pushed her face away from me, which she didn't feel from all the screaming she was doing. I'm glad she kept saying the wrong word in Namekian so when she accidently said bed in the language a beam lifted her off me.

The ship jerked to a stop and we crowded the window to see that we had actually reached Juniper like asked.

"We did it. We did it!" Bulma cheered, grabbing mine and Mr. Popo's hands in excitement and spinning in a circle. "This means we can make it to Namek."

"Oh, Kami soon you will be revived." Mr. Popo wiped away his tears with a handkerchief.

I couldn't control the smile creeping on my lips at their happiest and the joy building within me too. 'I'll see you soon, Piccolo.'